Alcon Research, LTD vs. Blake M. Burchell
PA- C. David Morrison, Gregory P. Neil; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On April 21, 2011, Burchell accepted a position at Alcon's Huntington facility. Alcon claims it agreed to pay Burchell's relocation expenses if he signed a Relocation Costs Repayment Agreement, which stated that if he left his employment with Alcon within two years of his start date, he would have to pay back to relocation costs. On June 25, Burchell submitted a resignation letter informing Alcon he would be resigning his employment effective July 19. Alcon claims Burchell refused to repay relocation expenses in breach of the agreement. Alcon is seeking judgment in the amount of $38,823.36 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-530
Heather Cremeans vs. Gene Smith and Rumpke Transportation Company, LLC
PA- Kenneth P. Hicks; J- David M. Pancake
* On Sept. 15, 2010, Cremeans was operating a 1999 Chevrolet Blazer westbound and was stopped at a traffic light near the intersection of West 18th Street and Madison Avenue in Huntington, when Smith, an employee of Rumpke, was operating a 2004 Auto Truck owned by Rumpke. Cremeans claims Smith violently collided into the rear of her vehicle, causing injuries. Cremeans is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-532
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him