Robert M. Barglech vs. Loyal Order of the Moose Lodge #1118, Mark Mace, Elden Kerns, Jeff Morgan, Mike Swackhammer, Paul Davis, Calvin Carpenter, Howard Todd and Tony Burke
PA – Charles E. Stalnaker; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for defamation after they suspended his social privileges and filed suit against him in Wood Magistrate Court on Sept. 23 to collect a $450 check that was returned for insufficient funds. Along with judgment for $2,291.15, the proceeds he says he's owed for organizing a bowling tournament, Barglech seeks $100,000 in damages, interest, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-324
Joyce and Walker Foster vs. REN, Inc. d/b/a Pike Street Lanes
PA – James R. Leach and Victoria J. Sopranik; J – Reed
* The plaintiffs, residents of Parkersburg, are suing he defendant for injuries Joyce sustained on Aug. 6, 2011 when she lost her balance and fell when exiting the door. Walker makes a claim for loss of consortium. They seek unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-325
Genevieve Corra vs. Nationwide Insurance Company and Lee May
PA – Todd Reed; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Vienna resident, is suing the defendants, a Columbus, Ohio-based insurance firm, and its local adjuster, for breach of contract when they twice denied her claim for damage to her roof following a hail storm on March 23, 2011. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and interest.
Case number: 12-C-326
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code
- Panel reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- Steptoe & Johnson will sponsor North American Prospect Expo in Houston
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full