Robert M. Barglech vs. Loyal Order of the Moose Lodge #1118, Mark Mace, Elden Kerns, Jeff Morgan, Mike Swackhammer, Paul Davis, Calvin Carpenter, Howard Todd and Tony Burke
PA – Charles E. Stalnaker; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for defamation after they suspended his social privileges and filed suit against him in Wood Magistrate Court on Sept. 23 to collect a $450 check that was returned for insufficient funds. Along with judgment for $2,291.15, the proceeds he says he's owed for organizing a bowling tournament, Barglech seeks $100,000 in damages, interest, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-324
Joyce and Walker Foster vs. REN, Inc. d/b/a Pike Street Lanes
PA – James R. Leach and Victoria J. Sopranik; J – Reed
* The plaintiffs, residents of Parkersburg, are suing he defendant for injuries Joyce sustained on Aug. 6, 2011 when she lost her balance and fell when exiting the door. Walker makes a claim for loss of consortium. They seek unspecified damages.
Case number: 12-C-325
Genevieve Corra vs. Nationwide Insurance Company and Lee May
PA – Todd Reed; J – Beane
* The plaintiff, a Vienna resident, is suing the defendants, a Columbus, Ohio-based insurance firm, and its local adjuster, for breach of contract when they twice denied her claim for damage to her roof following a hail storm on March 23, 2011. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and interest.
Case number: 12-C-326
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements