Jaffe Dialysis, LLC vs. MDG-FRE II, MDG-FRE III, MDG-FRE IV, LP, Matin Concepts, Inc., L & R Developers, Inc., SASI, Inc., in its own right and d/b/a Rod Parson and Donnie Raines
PA – Robert H. Sweeney, Jr. and Mary K. Prim; J – Evans
* The plaintiff, a Fla.-based business, is suing defendants MDG-FRE II, MDG-FRE III, MDG-FRE IV and Matin for breach of contract for failing to construct their building on 1000 New Stone Ridge in Ripley to standard and defendants L & R, SASI, Parson and Raines for negligence for failing to comply with state Department of Environmental Protection permits for drainage and overflow which caused water damage to the building, and $383,245 to repair it. They seek unspecified damages, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 12-C-116
Kristen Kearns vs. Ethos Healthcare, Inc. d/b/a Ethos Anesthesia
PA – Carrie Goodwin; J – Evans
* The plaintiff, a Charleston resident, is suing the defendant, an Austin, Texas business, for failing to timely pay her for work she performed in April at Jackson General Hospital. She seeks triple damages totaling $6,100 under the state Wage Payment and Collection Act plus attorneys fees and interest.
Case number: 12-C-119
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit