HUNTINGTON -- More than 70 percent of the partners in Huddleston Bolen were honored in the publication, The Best Lawyers in America 2013.
All of the firm's offices in Huntington and Charleston, W.Va., and Ashland and Louisville, Ky., were recognized in the publication.
Moreover, Huddleston Bolen was top ranked in a number of areas:
* Top Ranked Railroad Law Firm in the United States,
* Top Ranked Railroad Law Firm in West Virginia and Kentucky,
* Top Ranked Securities / Capital Markets Law Firm in West Virginia,
* Top Ranked Eminent Domain Law Firm in West Virginia,
* Top Ranked Firm in Huntington,
* Top Ranked in Ashland, Ky.,
* Top Ranked Employment Law Firm in Huntington, West Virginia
"We always are honored to be recognized by a publication as well-respected as Best Lawyers," said Tom Gilpin, chair of the firm's Management Committee. "The litany of individual and firm-wide recognitions this year is evidence that everyone in our firm is deeply committed to providing outstanding service and results for our clients.
"I believe that our lawyers really are some of the best in America and we are proud to be acknowledged for our accomplishments."
Attorneys who were individually recognized by Best Lawyers are:
* Rodney L. Baker's work in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defense and Product Liability Litigation was called out by Best Lawyers.
* J. David Bolen, James E. Cleveland, Angela W. Konrad, and Alexander C. Ward were all recognized in the area of Railroad Law. This was the first time Mr. Bolen and Mr. Ward have been recognized by Best Lawyers.
* Richard J. Bolen was recognized in Natural Resources Law and Oil & Gas Law.
* M. Edward Cunningham II, who was recognized for his work in Commercial Litigation and Tax Law. This is the first time Mr. Cunningham has been recognized.
* Daniel A. Earl was recognized in the areas of Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
* Thomas H. Gilpin, who was recognized in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights and Mergers & Acquisitions Law.
* Janet Smith Holbrook, who was recognized in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Law and for Bankruptcy Litigation.
* Daniel J. Konrad, who was recognized or his work in Commercial Litigation. This is the first time Mr. Konrad has been recognized.
* Luke Andrew Lafferre was recognized in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions and Personal Injury Litigation.
* Paul J. Loftus was recognized in Insurance Law and Railroad Law. This was the first time Mr. Loftus has been recognized by Best Lawyers.
* John H. Mahaney was recognized for his work in six different fields: Commercial Litigation, Employment Law, Construction Litigation, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, and Railroad Law.
* Thomas J. Murray, was acknowledge for his work in: Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law Financial Services Regulation Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, and Securities / Capital Markets Law. Mr. Murray has been ranked continuously since 1995.
* Kevin A. Nelson was recognized in Employment Law and Labor & Employment Litigation.
* Christopher Plybon was recognized in the area of Real Estate Law.
* Mary Sanders was recognized in Insurance Law, and Personal Injury Litigation, representing Defendants, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions representing Defendants, and Product Liability Litigation.
* Scott K. Sheets was recognized in Employment Law, Labor Law – Representing Management, and Labor & Employment Litigation.
* Andrew S. Zettle was recognized in Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Energy Law, and Environmental Litigation.
Published by Woodward and White since 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive annual peer-review survey. For the new U.S. edition, more than 24,126 leading attorneys cast more than 2.8 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties.
Because of the methodology used by Best Lawyers and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."
Huddleston Bolen is a full service law firm representing global corporations, national companies, regional businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals. For more information, visit www.huddlestonbolen.com.
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December