WINFIELD -- A Putnam County woman and her husband are suing Wal-mart Stores East, Inc. after injuries were sustained at its store.
On Aug. 10, 2010, Frances Marcum was shopping at Wal-mart when she slipped on debris or a substance on the floor of the store and became injured, according to a complaint filed Aug. 9 in Putnam Circuit Court.
Marcum claims as a result of the contact with the debris or other substance on the floor, she suffered a fall, which required medical care.
As a result of the fall, Marcum suffered pain, mental anguish and other residual damages, including scaring and disfigurement, according to the suit.
Marcum claims Wal-mart was negligent in having foreign substances or debris on the floor in their customer service area that were dangerous and likely to case injury to customers.
Wal-mart knew or should have known that customers would come into contact with the debris and injury would result from contact, according to the suit.
Marcum and her husband, Harry Marcum, are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by James M. Casey.
Putnam Circuit Court case number: 12-C-252
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems