WINFIELD -- A Putnam County woman and her husband are suing Wal-mart Stores East, Inc. after injuries were sustained at its store.
On Aug. 10, 2010, Frances Marcum was shopping at Wal-mart when she slipped on debris or a substance on the floor of the store and became injured, according to a complaint filed Aug. 9 in Putnam Circuit Court.
Marcum claims as a result of the contact with the debris or other substance on the floor, she suffered a fall, which required medical care.
As a result of the fall, Marcum suffered pain, mental anguish and other residual damages, including scaring and disfigurement, according to the suit.
Marcum claims Wal-mart was negligent in having foreign substances or debris on the floor in their customer service area that were dangerous and likely to case injury to customers.
Wal-mart knew or should have known that customers would come into contact with the debris and injury would result from contact, according to the suit.
Marcum and her husband, Harry Marcum, are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by James M. Casey.
Putnam Circuit Court case number: 12-C-252
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall