WINFIELD -- A Putnam County woman and her husband are suing Wal-mart Stores East, Inc. after injuries were sustained at its store.
On Aug. 10, 2010, Frances Marcum was shopping at Wal-mart when she slipped on debris or a substance on the floor of the store and became injured, according to a complaint filed Aug. 9 in Putnam Circuit Court.
Marcum claims as a result of the contact with the debris or other substance on the floor, she suffered a fall, which required medical care.
As a result of the fall, Marcum suffered pain, mental anguish and other residual damages, including scaring and disfigurement, according to the suit.
Marcum claims Wal-mart was negligent in having foreign substances or debris on the floor in their customer service area that were dangerous and likely to case injury to customers.
Wal-mart knew or should have known that customers would come into contact with the debris and injury would result from contact, according to the suit.
Marcum and her husband, Harry Marcum, are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by James M. Casey.
Putnam Circuit Court case number: 12-C-252
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan