CHARLESTON -– The 20th edition of The Best Lawyers in America, a peer-review publication in the legal profession ("Best Lawyers"), has named nine Jackson Kelly lawyers as 2013 Lawyers of the Year.
Notably, only a single lawyer in each area of practice in each community is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year."
Those who received this honor are: Marcia Allen Broughton for Tax Law (Morgantown, W.Va.), David M. Flannery for Environmental Law (Charleston, W.Va.), Lucinda L. Fluharty for Workers' Compensation Law – Employers (Morgantown, W.Va.) , Gary W. Hart for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants (Charleston, W.Va.), Timothy E. Huffman for Administrative/Regulatory Law (Charleston, W.Va.), Thomas J. Hurney, Jr. for Health Care Law (Charleston, W.Va.), Stephen M. LaCagnin for Labor Law – Management (Morgantown, W.Va.), Robert G. McLusky for Mining Law (Charleston, W.Va.) and R. Henry Moore for Mining Law (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an annual peer-review survey. Leading attorneys cast votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties. Because of the methodology used by Best Lawyers and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered an honor.
The lawyers being honored as "Lawyers of the Year" have received particularly high ratings in surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism and integrity.
Jackson Kelly is a national law firm representing global corporations, national companies, entrepreneurs and individuals in areas of law such as environmental, business, labor and employment, federal and state workers' compensation, civil litigation and occupational safety and health. The firm has offices in Colorado, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published