Robert A. Rist vs. City of Morgantown and the Board of Parks and Recreation Commissioners of Morgantown
PA-Wesley Metheny; J-NA
* While playing baseball at the public ball fields in White Park, Rist alleges he was severely injured after running and sliding into second base. Rist claims the base flipped out of its base and his right leg sustained a 12 inch cut exposing the bone. He seeks damages for medical bills; compensation for injuries, attorney fees and costs.
Case number: 12-C-577
Brittany Nichols vs. Gustavo Palmar and Superior Ford Lincoln Mercury
PA-J.Michael Benninger; J-NA
* Nichols, while employed by Superior, claims she was sexually harassed by company president Gustavo Palmer. Nichols claims she was harassed by Palmer by unwanted physical contact, verbal sexual statements and text messages. As a result she ultimately discharged by the company. Nichols seeks punitive damages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-579
Wayne Douglas and Carol Douglas vs. Walls Sanitation
PA-Alex Shook; J-NA
* The plaintiffs seek damages for injuries Wayne Douglas sustained while operating a Walls Sanitation truck mack dump truck. He claims the outlet line from the fuel filter was loose and not properly tightened. As a result, fuel sprayed out and caught on fire. The plaintiffs also seek damages for future pain and suffering,permanent injury, past present and future medical expenses, lost wages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-586
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published