CHARLESTON -- A Charleston man is suing Kanawha Valley Regional Transportation Authority for injuries he suffered when he attempted to board a bus.
On Sept. 4, 2010, Rickey E. Brown was attempting to board a KRT bus as a patron when the driver closed the bus doors on his right arm, according to a complaint filed Aug. 23 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Brown claims the bus driver failed to maintain control of the bus doors and was otherwise negligent.
The defendant negligently operated the vehicle and negligently closed the KRT bus doors onto Brown's arm, causing him injuries, according to the suit.
Brown claims the driver may have been inadequately trained and/or supervised and that inadequate training or supervision may have caused or contributed to the accident.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Brown suffered physical and mental pain and suffering; emotional distress; mental anguish; annoyance and inconvenience; loss of ability to engage in his normal pursuit; and loss of enjoyment of life, according to the suit.
Brown is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by William C. Forbes and W. Jesse Forbes.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1699
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements