CHARLESTON -- A Charleston man is suing Kanawha Valley Regional Transportation Authority for injuries he suffered when he attempted to board a bus.
On Sept. 4, 2010, Rickey E. Brown was attempting to board a KRT bus as a patron when the driver closed the bus doors on his right arm, according to a complaint filed Aug. 23 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Brown claims the bus driver failed to maintain control of the bus doors and was otherwise negligent.
The defendant negligently operated the vehicle and negligently closed the KRT bus doors onto Brown's arm, causing him injuries, according to the suit.
Brown claims the driver may have been inadequately trained and/or supervised and that inadequate training or supervision may have caused or contributed to the accident.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Brown suffered physical and mental pain and suffering; emotional distress; mental anguish; annoyance and inconvenience; loss of ability to engage in his normal pursuit; and loss of enjoyment of life, according to the suit.
Brown is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by William C. Forbes and W. Jesse Forbes.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1699
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age
- Former DHHR employee alleges wrongful termination despite approved medical leave