CHARLESTON -- A Charleston man is suing Kanawha Valley Regional Transportation Authority for injuries he suffered when he attempted to board a bus.
On Sept. 4, 2010, Rickey E. Brown was attempting to board a KRT bus as a patron when the driver closed the bus doors on his right arm, according to a complaint filed Aug. 23 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Brown claims the bus driver failed to maintain control of the bus doors and was otherwise negligent.
The defendant negligently operated the vehicle and negligently closed the KRT bus doors onto Brown's arm, causing him injuries, according to the suit.
Brown claims the driver may have been inadequately trained and/or supervised and that inadequate training or supervision may have caused or contributed to the accident.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Brown suffered physical and mental pain and suffering; emotional distress; mental anguish; annoyance and inconvenience; loss of ability to engage in his normal pursuit; and loss of enjoyment of life, according to the suit.
Brown is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by William C. Forbes and W. Jesse Forbes.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1699
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall