CHARLESTON -- A Charleston man is suing Kanawha Valley Regional Transportation Authority for injuries he suffered when he attempted to board a bus.
On Sept. 4, 2010, Rickey E. Brown was attempting to board a KRT bus as a patron when the driver closed the bus doors on his right arm, according to a complaint filed Aug. 23 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Brown claims the bus driver failed to maintain control of the bus doors and was otherwise negligent.
The defendant negligently operated the vehicle and negligently closed the KRT bus doors onto Brown's arm, causing him injuries, according to the suit.
Brown claims the driver may have been inadequately trained and/or supervised and that inadequate training or supervision may have caused or contributed to the accident.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Brown suffered physical and mental pain and suffering; emotional distress; mental anguish; annoyance and inconvenience; loss of ability to engage in his normal pursuit; and loss of enjoyment of life, according to the suit.
Brown is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by William C. Forbes and W. Jesse Forbes.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-1699
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection