CHARLESTON -- Kay Casto & Chaney has announced that 17 of its attorneys have been named to the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in 26 categories, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Steven Naifeh, President of Best Lawyers, says, "We continue to believe that recognition by one's peers is the most meaningful form of recognition in the legal profession."
Those honored are:
* Robert B. Allen: Arbitration, Criminal Defense - White Collar, Mediation, Personal Injury Litigation
* William W. Booker: Banking and Finance Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights, and Litigation - Banking and Finance
* Richard E. Boyle Jr.: Gaming Law, Litigation & Controversy - Tax, Tax Law
* Michael T. Chaney: Corporate Law
* Barney W. Frazier Jr.: Worker's Compensation Law - Employers
* John R. Hoblitzell: Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law, Mediation, Personal Injury Litigation
* Craig M. Kay: Litigation - Trusts & Estates, Litigation - Tax, Tax Law, Trusts and Estate Law
* John R. McGhee Jr.: Insurance Law
* Jonathan Nicol: Real Estate Law, Litigation - Real Estate
* James M. Sturgeon: Corporate Law, Litigation & Controversy – Tax, Tax Law
* Steven L. Thomas: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights, Litigation - Bankruptcy
* Stephen A. Weber: Labor Law - Management, Ligation - Labor & Employment
* Debra A. Bowers: Family Law
* Teresa J. Dumire: Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation
* Stephen G. Higgins: Commercial Litigation
* Debra H. Scudiere: Mediation, Personal Injury Litigation
* Timothy P. Stranko: Environmental Law, Water Law
"Having more than half of our attorneys on this list is just another indication of the quality of services we provide our clients, and frankly that's the level we have always provided," said Michael T. Chaney, a member of the firm's management committee.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive annual peer-review survey. For the new U.S. edition, more than 50 percent of the lawyers listed in Best Lawyers cast more than 3.1 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties.
Because of the rigorous and transparent methodology used by Best Lawyers, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."