WellmanHUNTINGTON -– Jenkins Fenstermaker is pleased to announce that nine of its 22 attorneys recently were selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America.
In addition, Thomas E. Scarr was recognized as a Best Lawyers' 2013 Lawyer of the Year in the areas of Employment Law - Management and ERISA Litigation.
The nine Jenkins Fenstermaker attorneys recognized in the publication are listed below:
* Wesley F. Agee - selected for Mergers and Acquisitions Law
* Stephen J. Golder - selected for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions, and Real Estate Law
* Lee Murray Hall - selected for Insurance Coverage
* Henry M. Kayes - selected for Trusts and Estates Law
* Brian S. Lindsay - selected for Mass Tort Litigation
* Thomas E. Scarr - selected for Commercial, Construction, ERISA and Labor and Employment Litigation and Employment Law
* Robert H. "Bo" Sweeney Jr. - selected for Commercial, Construction and Mass Tort Litigation
* Barry M. Taylor - selected for Medical Malpractice Law
* Steve K. Wellman - selected for Workers' Compensation Law.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties.
Because of the rigorous and transparent methodology used by Best Lawyers, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practices."
For nearly 90 years, Jenkins Fenstermaker has been prominent in the West Virginia legal community as a multi-practice, full service regional law firm with an office in Huntington. The firm represents individuals, local businesses and a number of Fortune 500 companies.
For more information, visit www.jenkinsfenstermaker.com.