Jamie Farley and Rhonda Farley, individually and as administrators of the Estate of Ethan Farley vs. Cabell Huntington Hospital; Joseph Werthammer, M.D.; and Renee S. Domanico, M.D.
PA- Katherine L. Dooley; J- David M. Pancake
* Ethan Farley and Evan Farley were born on July 17, 2010, at 32 weeks gestation. At the time of his birth, Ethan Farley appeared to be fairly healthy for a premature infant, but within seven days he began to show signs of distress. The plaintiffs claim Werthammer and Domanico gave up on Ethan Farley on July 30, 2010, advising them that only supportive care should be given to him. The Farleys claim they sought consultation with a neonatal specialist in Philadelphia, who diagnosed Ethan Farley with hemochromocytosis. The defendants' failure to diagnose him with the disease and failure to treat him for it was a breach of the standard of medical care and caused his unnecessary and untimely death. The Farleys are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 12-C-609
Gregory M. Miller vs. Hertz Rent A Car, Hertz Corporation and Donald P. Borowski
PA- Ronald G. Salmons, Jeffrey S. Bowen, Jason A. Adkins; J- David M. Pancake
* On Aug. 5, 2011, Miller was test driving a 2011 Toyota Tacoma on Route 13 in Milton near the underpass for Interstate 64. During the supervised test drive, Miller was injured due to an automobile accident involving Borowski, who was driving a rental car provided by Hertz. Miller is seeking judgment for damages in an amount to be determined by a jury.
Case number: 12-C-610
Lloyd D. Hale vs. Wal-mart Stores, Inc.
PA- Paul E. Biser; J- David M. Pancake
* Hale was on vacation in July when checks were stolen from his residence in Wayne County. Hale claims numerous checks were cashed at various Wal-mart locations in West Virginia and Ohio. After returning from vacation and becoming aware that the checks had been stolen and cashed, Hale went to and contacted various Wal-mart locations to speak with the managers about finding out who stole the checks. Hale claims the managers refused to allow him to view video recordings that would show who cashed the checks. Hale is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 12-C-613
Lynnette Eplin vs. Gateway Distribution, Inc. and Aerold Souder
PA- Michael A. Woelfel; J- David M. Pancake
* On Sept. 20, 2010, Eplin was operating her 2007 Toyota Sienna minivan traveling south entering the intersection of 16th Street and 6th Avenue in Huntington with Souder, who was operating a 2007 Volvo Tractor Truck owned by Gateway, collided with her vehicle. Eplin is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 12-C-620
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall