Keith A. Biggs and Paula Carlene Thompson vs. Richard King, Raymond G. Musgrave, Mason County Public Service District, Frontier of West Virginia, Inc., Mountaineer Gas Company, Inc, Mike Roach, in his capacity as sheriff of Mason County, and any and all shareholders or creditors of Central Industries Inc.
PA – Paul A. Ryker; J – Nibert
* The plaintiffs, residents of Camp Conley, are seeking a court order to quiet title to a .88 acre tract of land Thompson conveyed to King on Aug. 15 that was clouded in 1989 when Musgrave, a Point Pleasant attorney, then as one of the principal owners of Central Industries, failed to have a 24.19 acre parent tract of land conveyed by Central to himself and the other principal, Carl Thompson, now deceased, when the corporation was being dissolved. In 1999, Thompson’s widow, Vada, conveyed 5.49 acres of the parent tract to Biggs, and in her will, left her interest in the remaining 18 acres to Paula.
Case number: 12-C-118
G & M Fuel Co., Inc. vs. Green Global, LLC
PA – Michael Barr; J – Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Point Pleasant business, seeks judgment against the defendant, a Glassport, Pa. business, for $45,212.69, the outstanding balance of a $50,999.97 promissory note G & M gave Green Global on Sept. 13, 2011. They also seek court costs, 6 percent interest a $6.81 per diem charge.
Case number: 12-C-119
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published