HUNTINGTON - A retiree is suing Robinson & Rice, LC, after he claims it breached its retirement agreement with him and caused him to incur expenses for health insurance.
Linda Rice, Maria Goldcamp and Mick Be Gone, Inc., were also named as defendants in the suit.
Robinson & Rice changed its name to Mick Be Gone on April 14, 2008.
James Robinson retired from Robinson & Rice and entered into a retirement agreement on Aug. 25, 2003, according to a complaint filed Nov. 19 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Robinson claims he, Rice and Goldcamp were stockholders and employees of Robinson & Rice.
Pursuant to the retirement agreement, Robinson & Rice agreed to provide Robinson and his wife with health insurance until their deaths, according to the suit.
Robinson claims Rice and Goldcamp personally guaranteed Robinson & Rice’s obligations to him, including the cost of purchasing insurance.
The defendants have breached both the retirement agreement and their personal guarantees, according to the suit.
Robinson claims the defendants have not provided him or his wife with health insurance since December 2007.
As a result of the breach of contract by the defendants, Robinson has incurred the expense of purchasing insurance for he and his wife beginning in January 2008 until their deaths, according to the suit.
Robinson is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by R.R. Fredeking II.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 12-C-767
- Marmet citizens file petition to remove mayor from office
- West Virginia committed to combating substance abuse
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Morrisey warns of credit, debit chip card email scam
- AG's office urges caution with online holiday shopping
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation