CHARLESTON – A woman is suing Family Home & Rentals, Inc., after she claims she is afraid for her physical and mental well-being because the apartment is unsafe.
Timothy H. Stone was also named as a defendant in the suit.
Tammy M. Stone claims she is afraid for her physical and mental well-being due to physical attacks, drugs and other problems with living in an apartment owned by Family Home & Rentals, according to a complaint filed Nov. 26 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
While living in the apartment, Tammy Stone has been subjected to mentally unstable tenants and visitors; home invasions; theft; electrical fires; unsafe living conditions; mold; plumbing; drugs; unsafe structures; and the lack of general maintenance, according to the suit.
Tammy Stone claims the defendants do not want her to call the police and make threats of bodily harm to her.
The defendants have exposed Tammy Stone to sexual predators and have allowed her to be approached by men seeking prostitutes, according to the suit, and have refused to respond to important calls for the last five years.
Tammy Stone claims she receives constant threats of physical injury by criminals and other visitors of the apartment building.
The defendants have allowed alleged drug-addicted tenants to torment Tammy Stone, throw rocks at the apartment and cause her injuries, according to the suit.
Tammy Stone is seeking damages in the amount of $10,000 to be able to move to a safer apartment. She is representing herself.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Charles E. King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 12-C-2331
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall