Barry Adkins, Admin of Estate of Shannon Stafford v Larry, Sandra and Nathan Mitchell
* Adkins seeks judgment in the wrongful death claim on behalf of his foster sister, Shannon Stafford. Larry Mitchell shot and killed Stafford as she waited in her truck for her husband, Nathan Mitchell, to exchange their daughter for an overnight visit, the suit says. As she was being shot, she was able to get out of her vehicle and attempted to run, it says. Mitchell continued shooting her even as she lay in the parking lot, it says. Adkins asks for compensatory damages for economic losses; general damages; compensation for loss of income of Stafford; medical and hospital treatment; funeral expenses; punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-869
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination