Barry Adkins, Admin of Estate of Shannon Stafford v Larry, Sandra and Nathan Mitchell
* Adkins seeks judgment in the wrongful death claim on behalf of his foster sister, Shannon Stafford. Larry Mitchell shot and killed Stafford as she waited in her truck for her husband, Nathan Mitchell, to exchange their daughter for an overnight visit, the suit says. As she was being shot, she was able to get out of her vehicle and attempted to run, it says. Mitchell continued shooting her even as she lay in the parking lot, it says. Adkins asks for compensatory damages for economic losses; general damages; compensation for loss of income of Stafford; medical and hospital treatment; funeral expenses; punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 12-C-869
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection