CHARLESTON – Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin appointed Robert “Rocky” J. Fitzsimmons to fulfill the vacancy in the First District of the West Virginia Senate for the remainder of former Sen. Orphy Klempa’s term.
Klempa resigned earlier in December to serve on the Ohio County Commission. Fitzsimmons’ appointment is effective immediately.
Fitzsimmons will represent the First Senatorial District, which is comprised of Brook, Hancock and Ohio Counties, as well as part of Marshall County.
Fitzsimmons received a Bachelor of Science degree from Washington University and a Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University.
He currently practices law with Fitzsimmons Law Firm, a personal injury firm in Wheeling, and is admitted to practice before all courts in West Virginia, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Ohio Supreme Court of Appeals.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall