CHARLESTON – Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin appointed Robert “Rocky” J. Fitzsimmons to fulfill the vacancy in the First District of the West Virginia Senate for the remainder of former Sen. Orphy Klempa’s term.
Klempa resigned earlier in December to serve on the Ohio County Commission. Fitzsimmons’ appointment is effective immediately.
Fitzsimmons will represent the First Senatorial District, which is comprised of Brook, Hancock and Ohio Counties, as well as part of Marshall County.
Fitzsimmons received a Bachelor of Science degree from Washington University and a Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University.
He currently practices law with Fitzsimmons Law Firm, a personal injury firm in Wheeling, and is admitted to practice before all courts in West Virginia, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Ohio Supreme Court of Appeals.
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published