CHARLESTON – Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin appointed Robert “Rocky” J. Fitzsimmons to fulfill the vacancy in the First District of the West Virginia Senate for the remainder of former Sen. Orphy Klempa’s term.
Klempa resigned earlier in December to serve on the Ohio County Commission. Fitzsimmons’ appointment is effective immediately.
Fitzsimmons will represent the First Senatorial District, which is comprised of Brook, Hancock and Ohio Counties, as well as part of Marshall County.
Fitzsimmons received a Bachelor of Science degree from Washington University and a Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University.
He currently practices law with Fitzsimmons Law Firm, a personal injury firm in Wheeling, and is admitted to practice before all courts in West Virginia, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Ohio Supreme Court of Appeals.
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation