CHARLESTON – Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin appointed Robert “Rocky” J. Fitzsimmons to fulfill the vacancy in the First District of the West Virginia Senate for the remainder of former Sen. Orphy Klempa’s term.
Klempa resigned earlier in December to serve on the Ohio County Commission. Fitzsimmons’ appointment is effective immediately.
Fitzsimmons will represent the First Senatorial District, which is comprised of Brook, Hancock and Ohio Counties, as well as part of Marshall County.
Fitzsimmons received a Bachelor of Science degree from Washington University and a Juris Doctorate from Wake Forest University.
He currently practices law with Fitzsimmons Law Firm, a personal injury firm in Wheeling, and is admitted to practice before all courts in West Virginia, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Ohio Supreme Court of Appeals.
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit