WAYNE – American Asphalt & Aggregates, Inc., is suing Blacktopman, Inc., claiming the company owes more than $20,000 for asphalt material.
On Nov. 22, 2011, Blacktopman entered into a commercial credit application and sale’s agreement with American Asphalt for the purchase of asphalt material, according to a complaint filed Dec. 7 in Wayne Circuit Court.
American Asphalt claims by entering into the agreement, it took deliberate action to conduct business in West Virginia and made itself purposefully available to the benefits of conducting business with American Asphalt and in the state.
Blacktopman was responsible for payment to American Asphalt on all asphalt invoices 30 days from the date of the invoice, according to the suit.
American Asphalt claims on March 26, it provided Blacktopman with asphalt material in the amount of $11,591.44 and on April 2, it provided Blacktopman with asphalt material in the amount of $13,073.86.
Blacktopman failed and refused to pay the invoice balances totaling $24,665.30 for asphalt material, according to the suit.
American Asphalt claims Blacktopman breached its contract and caused damages by failing to pay for the asphalt materials.
Blacktopman was unjustly enriched by retaining the benefit of the asphalt material provided by American Asphalt without having made payment for it, according to the suit.
American Asphalt is seeking compensatory damages in the amount of $24,665.30 plus agreed-upon interest and pre- and post-judgment interest. It is being represented by Charles M. Johnstone II.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Darrell M. Pratt.
Wayne Circuit Court case number: 12-C-276
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements