CHARLESTON – A Dunbar couple are suing 134 companies they claim are responsible for a diagnosis of asbestosis and mesothelioma.
John E. Huxley was diagnosed with asbestosis and mesothelioma due to exposure to asbestos while employed at various job sites and locations throughout West Virginia and while his mother was employed at E.I. Du Point De Nemours & Company, according to a complaint filed Jan. 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Huxley and his wife, Lucille A. Huxley, claim the defendants failed to warn him of the dangers of asbestos and failed to take reasonable precautions to warn him of the dangers.
The defendants failed to place any warnings on the asbestos-containing products to warn handlers of the dangers of the products and failed to warn of the dangers of other ingredients in their products, including silica, according to the suit.
The Huxleys claim the defendants were negligent and caused John Huxley to suffer his lung injuries, shock and other nervous or emotional disorders.
The defendants’ actions of the conspiracy kept the Huxleys and others ignorant of the dangers of asbestos and other products and in this way, the conspirators aided efforts to sell products containing asbestos, according to the suit.
The Huxleys are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved. They are being represented by David P. Chervenick, Bruce E. Mattock, Scott S. Segal and Stephen Hoyer.
The case has been assigned to a visiting judge.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 13-C-75
- Customer charges Dollar General with ignoring her complaint
- Railway worker sues Norfolk Southern over twisted ankle, claiming negligence
- Daughter sues CAMC, claiming mother fell during treatment
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death