MORGANTOWN – A Monongalia County man is suing Lakeview Resort & Conference Center after he claims he was injured while on its premises.
LA Lakeview, Inc., is doing business as Lakeview Resort & Conference Center.
On Jan. 17, 2011, Christopher Willis was legally present on the defendant’s premises and had rented several rooms for an event, according to a complaint filed Jan. 16 in Monongalia Circuit Court.
Willis claims early that morning he was checking the rooms around the resort to ensure that the rooms were prepared for his event that day and was descending a flight of stairs when he stepped on hand tools that had been negligently left on the stairs by maintenance workers.
As a result of stepping on the tools Willis lost his footing, landed on his back and rolled down the stairs, according to the suit.
Willis claims he immediately felt numbness in his leg and pain in his lower back and called and reported the incident to his company’s safety department and then went to the main reception area to file a report with the front desk attendant.
As a result of the defendant’s negligence, Willis suffered severe physical injuries, according to the suit.
Willis is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. He is being represented by Kevin Tipton.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 13-C-49
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements