MORGANTOWN – A Monongalia County man is suing Lakeview Resort & Conference Center after he claims he was injured while on its premises.
LA Lakeview, Inc., is doing business as Lakeview Resort & Conference Center.
On Jan. 17, 2011, Christopher Willis was legally present on the defendant’s premises and had rented several rooms for an event, according to a complaint filed Jan. 16 in Monongalia Circuit Court.
Willis claims early that morning he was checking the rooms around the resort to ensure that the rooms were prepared for his event that day and was descending a flight of stairs when he stepped on hand tools that had been negligently left on the stairs by maintenance workers.
As a result of stepping on the tools Willis lost his footing, landed on his back and rolled down the stairs, according to the suit.
Willis claims he immediately felt numbness in his leg and pain in his lower back and called and reported the incident to his company’s safety department and then went to the main reception area to file a report with the front desk attendant.
As a result of the defendant’s negligence, Willis suffered severe physical injuries, according to the suit.
Willis is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. He is being represented by Kevin Tipton.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 13-C-49
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall