Phyllis J. Ross vs. the Marshall University Board of Governors and Michael A. Krasnow, D.O.
PA- William A. Davis; J- David M. Pancake
* On Feb. 10, 2012, Ross underwent a surgical procedure by Krasnow. She claims during the procedure, Krasnow deviated from the appropriate and acceptable standards of medical care. Ross is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-100
Teresa A. Spurlock vs. Michael J. Arvanitis, M.D.
PA- Tony L. O’Dell, Cheryl A. Fisher; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Dec. 27, 2010, Spurlock underwent kyphoplasty surgery performed by Arvanitis. She claims during the procedure, Arvanitis failed to obtain proper needle placement and failed to appropriately monitor the injection. Spurlock is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-102
Daniel L. Hendrix vs. Ferro Products Corporation; Somerset Steel Erection Company, Inc.; and Asheboro Machine Shop, Inc.
PA- James I. Stealey, George Zivovich; J- David M. Pancake
* On April 25, 2011, Hendrix was working on a job site in Milton and was climbing a ladder designed, constructed, assembled, manufactured, sold and/or distributed and inspected by the defendants. He claims the ladder was defective in that a weld on a rung of the ladder had not been properly affixed, causing him to fall from the ladder. Hendrix is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-118
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems