Shawn Arthur vs. Tri-State Roofing & Sheet Metal Company of West Virginia; Kokosing Construction Company, Inc.; and MarkWest Energy Appalachia, LLC
PA- Robert B. Warner, Tammy Bowles Raines; J- Joseph Reeder
* Arthur was employed by Tri-State Roofing. He claims on July 16, he was instructed to work on a roof without fall protection, and while working on the roof, he fell approximately 25 feet to the ground and was injured. Arthur is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-29
West Virginia Nursing Network, LLC vs. Loop Plaza Pharmacy Co.
PA- Bryan B. Escue; J- Phillip Stowers
* On April 3, WVNN entered into an oral contract with Loop to perform home infusion services exclusively. WVNN claims Loop breached its contract and caused WVNN damages. WVNN Is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-31
Holtzapfel Law Offices, PLLC vs. Injury Solutions, Inc.
PA- Richard E. Holtzapfel, David A. Holtzapfel; J- Phillip Stowers
* In February 2010, the defendant visited Holtzapfel for the purpose of selling television advertising for legal services. Holtzapfel claims it contracted with the defendant and paid $22,950 for the advertisements. Based upon the defendant’s 200 percent return on investment guarantee, Holtzapfel expected to generate at least $45,900 as a result of the contract, but as of Feb. 19, it has only generated $23,333.33. Holtzapfel is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-39
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection