Shawn Arthur vs. Tri-State Roofing & Sheet Metal Company of West Virginia; Kokosing Construction Company, Inc.; and MarkWest Energy Appalachia, LLC
PA- Robert B. Warner, Tammy Bowles Raines; J- Joseph Reeder
* Arthur was employed by Tri-State Roofing. He claims on July 16, he was instructed to work on a roof without fall protection, and while working on the roof, he fell approximately 25 feet to the ground and was injured. Arthur is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-29
West Virginia Nursing Network, LLC vs. Loop Plaza Pharmacy Co.
PA- Bryan B. Escue; J- Phillip Stowers
* On April 3, WVNN entered into an oral contract with Loop to perform home infusion services exclusively. WVNN claims Loop breached its contract and caused WVNN damages. WVNN Is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-31
Holtzapfel Law Offices, PLLC vs. Injury Solutions, Inc.
PA- Richard E. Holtzapfel, David A. Holtzapfel; J- Phillip Stowers
* In February 2010, the defendant visited Holtzapfel for the purpose of selling television advertising for legal services. Holtzapfel claims it contracted with the defendant and paid $22,950 for the advertisements. Based upon the defendant’s 200 percent return on investment guarantee, Holtzapfel expected to generate at least $45,900 as a result of the contract, but as of Feb. 19, it has only generated $23,333.33. Holtzapfel is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-39
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination