CHARLESTON – A man is suing Lowe’s Home Centers, Inc., after he claims a defective stove caused a fire at his home.

Electrolux Home Care Products, Inc. and Electrolux North America, Inc. were also named as defendants in the suit.

Dwight Graley Sr. purchased an Electrolux/Frigidaire stove/cooktop/range from Lowe’s, according to a complaint filed Feb. 22 in Kanawha Circuit Court.

Graley claims some time after, Electrolux issued a recall of the stones because the stoves were malfunctioning and causing fires.

On Feb. 22, 2011, the stove malfunctioned and caused a fire to start at Graley’s home, according to the suit.

Graley claims he was never notified of the recall.

As a result of the defendants’ negligence, Graley lost his home and all of its contents; suffered other monetary and personal damages; pain and suffering; mental trauma; mental anguish; and other damages, according to the suit.

Graley is seeking compensatory damages. He is being represented by Michael L. Myers of Myers & Perfater.

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 13-C-377

More News