Tammy Scarberry vs. Old Colony Company; Robert V. Hagerman; and Robyn R. Hagerman
PA- James A. McKowen; J- Charles E. King
* Scarberry was on the Hagermans residential property when she allegedly slipped and injured her leg, ankle and foot. Scarberry is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1401
Linda P. Buechler vs. Charleston Marriott LLC
PA- Mark L. French, Matthew S. Criswell; J- Charles E. King
* On Aug. 2, 2011, Buechler was scheduled to have a work-related meeting at the Marriott in Charleston and was entering the premises when she allegedly tripped over a disheveled and poorly placed rug and fell. Buechler is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1411
Shirley Young and Robert L. Young vs. Herbert J. Thomas Memorial Hospital Association
PA- Frank Venezia, Benjamin M. Mishoe; J- Louis H. Bloom
* On Dec. 16, 2011, Shirley Young was transported to the defendant's emergency room by a friend and was taken from her vehicle via wheelchair by two nursing personnel. The plaintiffs claim Shirley Young's foot was dragging under the wheelchair and it became injured. The Youngs are seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1412
Edward H. Burrows Jr. vs. Sun Energy Services LLC a/k/a Deep Well Services; and Tracy J. Weekley
PA- David M. Goldenberg, Robert T. Goldenberg; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Burrows was employed by Sun Energy from January 2009 until Jan. 17. Burrows claims the defendants discriminated against him based on his age. Burrows is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1423
Erica Johnson vs. Sharp Holding Inc. d/b/a IHOP and John Doe
PA- D. Adrian Hoosier II; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* Johnson was employed at IHOP. She claims her employment was wrongfully terminated. Johnson is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1424
Tina White, administratrix of the Estate of Virginia Bailes, deceased; Lorie Estep; Dorma Harrison, by and through her attorney-in-fact Sharon Frame; Margaret Johnson; Amy McMillion, individually and as parent and guardian of Jacob Stevens, a minor; and Russell McClanahan; Shelby McMillion; and Darell Sigmon vs. Columbia Gas Transmission LLC; NiSource Gas Transmission & Storage Company; NiSource Midstream Services LLC; NiSource Energy Ventures LLC; NiSource Corporate Services Company; William Christian; Jack Whitmire Jr.; Mitchell G. Thomas; Daniel Herpin; and John Does 1 through 10
PA- Robert B. Warner, Truman C. Griffith, Lynnette Simon Marshall; J- Charles E. King, Louis H. Bloom, James C. Stucky, Carrie Webster
* On Dec. 11, a natural gas pipeline ruptured and exploded, allegedly causing injuries and damages to the plaintiffs. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1426, 13-C-1427, 13-C-1428, 13-C-1429, 13-C-1430, 13-C-1431, 13-C-1432
Ann Ohlinger, executrix of the Estate of Phillip D. Ohlinger vs. 3M Company; A.W. Chesterton Company; Air & Liquid Systems Corporation; et al
PA- Victoria Antion, Ann McGinness Kearse, Scott A. McGee, Christopher Tenoglia; J- visiting
* Phillip Ohlinger was diagnosed with lung cancer in March and died on July 9. Ann Ohlinger is seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 13-C-1439
Travis Simons and Linda Jean Simons vs. 3M Company; 4520 Corporation Inc.; A.W. Chesterton Company; et al
PA- James A. McKowen; J- visiting
* Travis Simons was diagnosed with a lung injury on Nov. 13. The Simonses claim the 82 defendants are responsible for the diagnosis. The Simonses are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 13-C-1441
Jeffrey Messinger vs. Marriott Corporation; Inland American Lodging Charleston Lee LLC; and Steven Lemmerman
PA- Stephen B. Farmer, Matthew H. Nelson; J- Carrie Webster
* Messinger was hired by Marriott in 1982 as an engineering supervisor and was promoted to Director of Engineering. He claims the defendant discriminated against him because of his age. Messinger is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1442
Laura Casto and Timothy Casto vs. Kroger Limited Partnership I
PA- Harvey D. Peyton; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On Aug. 14, the defendant negligently, carelessly and through lack of ordinary care allowed a quantity of fruit to accumulate or exit on the floor of the Kroger store in Cross Lanes, which caused her to fall and sustain severe injuries, the suit says. The Castos are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 13-C-1444
Patricia Childers, administratrix of the Estate of Stephen Tyler Childers, deceased vs. West Virginia Department of Commerce-Division of Natural Resources
PA- Bert Ketchum; J- Louis H. Bloom
* Stephen Childers drowned in Beech Fork State Park's lake on May 22, 2012. Patricia Childers claims the defendant violated state and federal laws, safety statutes, rules and regulations. Patricia Childers is seeking compensatory damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1459