Jesse E. Kincaid, administrator of the Estate of Danny Ray Kincaid Sr. and Mary C. Kincaid vs. A.W. Chesterton Company; Caterpillar Inc.; Certainteed Corporation; et al
PA- Victoria Antion, Ann McGinness Kearse, Scott A. McGee; J- visiting
* Danny Kincaid was diagnosed with lung cancer in April 2012, from which he died on June 15, 2012. Jesse Kincaid and Mary Kincaid claim the 39 defendants are responsible for the lung injury. They are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 13-C-1438
Palma M. Little vs. Baldwin Auto Parts Inc.
PA- Cameron S. McKinney, David L. Grubb; J- Louis H. Bloom
* In November, Little entered into a contract with Baldwin to replace the motor in her 2000 Nissan Xterra. She claims the defendant completed work on her vehicle on Dec. 6 and she did not make it home before the motor overheated. She suspects that the defendant did not replace the motor in her vehicle. Little is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1468
Danny Ferrell vs. Critchfield Utilities LLC
PA- Timothy P. Rosinsky; J- James C. Stucky
* Ferrell was employed by Critchfield from May 12, 2011, until May 23, 2012. He claims he was given a job assignment to go to Beckley to dig drop link lines for Sudden Link and when he arrived he discovered there were no utility markings. When he informed the defendant that he would not dig without the utility markings, his employment was terminated, he says. Ferrell is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1474
Linda Slack vs. Charleston Area Medical Center
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Charles E. King
* Slack was employed by CAMC from Nov. 13, 1989, until Jan. 14. She claims her employment was terminated based on her age. Slack is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1477
Joseph Parsons, Michael Oliver, Michael Greynolds and Henry Chapman vs. Verizon Services Corp.; Verizon Business Network Services Inc.; Verizon Communications Inc.; Citizens Telecommunications Company Of West Virginia d/b/a Citizens Communications Company of the Mountain State and Frontier Communications Of West Virginia; Frontier Communications of America Inc.; Frontier West Virginia Inc. d/b/a Chesapeake and Potomac Telephone Company of West Virginia and Verizon West Virginia; Frontier Communications Corporation; AFL Network Services Inc.; AFL Global LLC; Frontier Communications ILEC Holding Inc.; Frontier Communications Corporation Services Inc.; and Frontier Communications Online and Long Distance Inc.
PA- Brett J. Preston, C. Benjamin Salango, Dan R. Snuffer, J. Kristofer Cormany, R. Ray Lovejoy II; J- Paul Zakaib Jr., Louis H. Bloom, Carrie Webster
* On Aug. 8, 2011, Frontier allegedly failed to maintain the lead-acid battery room and the batteries in a safe condition, which caused the plaintiffs injuries. The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1478, 13-C-1479, 13-C-1480, 13-C-1481
Nicholas Hamrick vs. Reeds Jewelers Inc.
PA- Richard W. Walters; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* In February, Hamrick was advised by his district manager that he needed to bring all jewelry he had purchased while employed by Reeds back to the store for investigation and was also required to return one piece of jewelry he possessed for which he had recently requested a price quote on but had not purchased yet. Hamrick claims on Feb. 5 his employment was terminated and the defendant confiscated all the jewelry, including that which he had previously purchased. Hamrick is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1487
Timothy Brown vs. McDonald's Restaurants of West Virginia Inc.
PA- G. Patrick Jacobs; J- James C. Stucky
* On Aug. 20, 2011, Brown was at McDonald's when he allegedly fell and was injured. Brown is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1491
Michael S. Lawrence vs. Marquee Cinemas-WV Inc.; Marquee Cinemas Inc.; and Marquee Cinemas Holdings Inc.
PA- Benjamin B. Ware; J- Jennifer Bailey
* On Nov. 14, 2011, Lawrence attended a movie at Marquee Cinemas in South Charleston when he allegedly slipped and fell down an entire flight of stairs and sustained injury. Lawrence is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1494
Alice Kyer vs. Saint Francis Hospital Inc.
PA- Kevin C. Harris, Eric J. Holmes; J- James C. Stucky
* On Aug. 10, 2011, Kyer was at Saint Francis when she allegedly slipped and fell on an uneven sidewalk. Kyer is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 13-C-1508
Dennis Naylor, administrator of the Estate of Colby Adam Naylor, deceased vs. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
PA- Henry E. Wood III; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* On Aug. 17, 2011, Tammy Miller Naylor and William Hanna were in Summersville when Colby Adam Naylor sustained life-ending injuries from a contact gunshot wound to the head and died the next day. Dennis Naylor claims the defendant breached its duty by failing to remove Colby Adam Naylor from Tammy Miller Naylor and William Hanna's care. Dennis Naylor is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 13-C-1512