HUNTINGTON - A man is suing Buffalo Wild Wings for injuries he sustained when a commercial gas furnace exploded.

On Dec. 12, 2011, John Mark Boggs was a patron at Buffalo Wild Wings, and the manager asked him if he would look at a gas furnace located upstairs of the restaurant, according to a complaint filed Dec. 11 in Cabell Circuit Court.

Boggs claims upon initial investigation of the gas furnace, he was injured due to an explosion of the commercial gas heating unit.

As a direct and proximate result of the negligence of the defendant in failing to warn Boggs, he was caused to suffer serious bodily injuries and suffered pain, suffering, mental anguish and inconvenience, according to the suit.

Boggs claims the defendant failed to maintain its building, which caused him to incur medical expenses and physician expenses.

The defendant's actions caused Boggs to sustain physical and mental pain and suffering; loss of wages; permanent impairment of his ability to earn money; medical expenses; and miscellaneous expenses incurred by him including travel expenses.

Boggs is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. He is being represented by Dennis E. Kelley.

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.

Cabell Circuit Court case number: 13-C-950

More News