Bingo accident results in lawsuit

by Annie Cosby |
Apr. 29, 2014, 12:46pm

CHARLESTON -- A Boone County man is suing over claims he was injured playing bingo on the premises of a fire department when a chair broke.


Robert M. Cummings Jr. filed a lawsuit March 31 in Kanawha Circuit Court against Chesapeake Volunteer Fire Department Incorporated, citing negligence.


According to the complaint, Cummings attended a regularly scheduled bingo game at the Chesapeake Volunteer Fire Department on July 17, 2013, when he sat in a chair and it broke, causing him to fall to the ground and sustain injuries.


Cummings is being represented in the case by attorney Edward G. Atkins. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Kaufman.

Kanawha County Circuit Court Case No. 14-C-634




More News