CHARLESTON – The law firm Spilman Thomas & Battle PLLC (Spilman) has announced that 10 attorneys were named 2015 “Lawyers of the Year” by Best Lawyers.
Only a single attorney is recognized as such for each practice area in each community.
The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward White, Inc., is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 52,000 leading attorneys cast more than 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
The following Spilman attorneys were named the Best Lawyers 2015 “Lawyer of the Year” in their respective communities and practice areas:
- John F. Allevato: Litigation and Controversy – Tax (Charleston)
- N.A. “Nick” Ammar Jr.: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (Roanoke, Va.)
- F.B. Webster Day: Public Finance Law (Roanoke, Va.)
- Paula L. Durst: Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Defendants (Charleston)
- William T. Holmes: Real Estate Law (Morgantown)
- Bruce M. Jacobs: Financial Services Regulation Law (Charleston)
- Joyce Fleming Ofsa: Real Estate Law (Charleston)
- Ronald W. Schuler: Mergers and Acquisitions Law (Pittsburgh, Pa.)
- James A. Walls: Litigation – Labor and Employment (Morgantown)
- Charles L. Woody: Litigation – Labor and Employment (Charleston)
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service, regional law firm with offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling, W.Va.; Harrisburg and Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va. For more information, visit www.spilmanlaw.com.