HUNTINGTON – A woman is suing Logan's Roadhouse after she claims she was injured on its property when a light bulb burst.


On April 15, 2013, Judy Shepard was a customer at Logan's and was having dinner with her brother and a friend when a light bulb directly above the table at which she was eating required changing, according to a complaint filed April 13 in Cabell Circuit Court.


Shepard claims the manager reached over her and attempted to change the light bulb and was struggling to change it when the bulb burst in his hand, directly above and in front of Shepard's face.


The manager concluded after the incident that his struggle with the light bulb was caused by Logan's having the wrong bulb in the socket and the bulb blew in his hand, according to the suit.


Shepard claims as a result of the incident, she suffered injury to her eye.


The defendant was negligent in failing to maintain a reasonably safe premises and to undertake maintenance and/or repairs in a reasonably safe manner, according to the suit.


Shepard is seeking compensatory damages with interest. She is being represented by Chad S. Lovejoy of Duffield, Lovejoy, Stemple & Boggs PLLC.


The case is assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.


Cabell Circuit Court case number: 15-C-272




More News