Vic Herbert, The Vic Herbert Agency vs. Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Partners Insurance and Financial Services Inc., Charles Wayne Manning, Douglas W. Marquette and Richard Johnson
PA-Mark R. Staun; J-Kaufman
* Herbert, a Nationwide agent, claims he was promised the books of retiring agents. He says the company and its agents reneged on that promise. He seeks judgment jointly and severally for all compensatory and punitive damages including but not limited to loss of past, present and future revenues, insurance commissions, business opportunities, wages, investment income and benefits, reasonable attorney fees, pre- and post-judgment interests, other relief.
Case number: 05-C-2723
Ohio Valley Bank Company vs. Robert A. Sheppard and Teresa A. Sheppard
PA-John P. Fuller; J-King
* The bank says the Sheppards, who live in St. Albans, borrowed $44,904.24 in 2003 and put their 2004 Clayton mobile home up as collateral. They have defaulted and owe $45,013.11 (with interest), and the bank wants to repossess the home.
Case number: 05C-2726
Verizon Directory Services vs. David M. Watson
PA-Jeffery J. Gould; J-Stucky
* Verizon claims Watson, an optometrist, owes the company for phone book listings and advertisements in at least six different directories for the amount of $18,354 plus interest. The total as of Jan. 21, 2005, according to the filing, was $32,229.02.
Case number: 05-C-2735
Jeffrey S. Confere and Kathy A. Confere vs. Ford Motor Company and Turnpike Ford Inc.
PA-Kristina Thomas Whiteaker; J-Bloom
* The Conferes claim a 2005 Ford Taurus they purchased in September is a lemon. They say the defendants didn't make necessary repairs for the vehicle to conform to express warranties. They are suing for monetary loss, damages, emotional and mental distress, aggravation, anxiety, loss of use, annoyance and inconvenience.
Case number: 05-C-2736
Jamey Little vs. West Virginia Adjutant General
PA-Lonnie C. Simmons; J-Kaufman
* Little claims he was discriminated against and fired from his job as assistant fire chief by the state adjutant general, which is Major General Allen E. Tackett, because he is being treated for depression and anxiety.
Case number: 05-C-2738
Ricky Lee Maynard vs. WV Dept of Transportation, Division of Highways
PA-Larry O. Ford; J-Bloom
* Maynard, an inmate housed at the Huntington Work Release Center, says he was working on a prison labor crew for the defendant when a portion of a large oak tree landed on his leg, fracturing it. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 05-C-2740
GreenPoint Credit LLC vs. Sharon Lynch
PA-Timothy J. Amos; J-Zakaib
* GreenPoint claims Lynch borrowed $34,907 and put her 2000 Clayton mobile home up as collateral. She is delinquent on the loan and still possesses the home. The company seeks possession of the home, court costs as well as costs of repossession, storage and transportation of the home. The company also wants the defendant to remove all personal property from the home.
Case number: 05-C-2742
Alvada Sharpenberg, individually and as Administratrix of The Estate of Paul Richard Sharpenberg, Deceased vs. Stephen R. Grubb, M.D.
PA-Gregory B. Chiartas; J-King
* Alvada Sharpenberg claims Dr. Grubb was responsible for her husband's death on Oct. 20, 2004, because he failed to properly diagnose and treat him for the true condition from which he suffered. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 05-C-2745 filed 12/19
Willis Moore vs. Shop & Go Inc.
PA-William H. Harding; J-Kaufman
* Moore claims he slipped on a substance on the floor of the store, falling and injuring himself. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 05-C-2751
Stella Bias vs. Emory Bias, Whitesville State Bank, Roger Goff & Associates Insurance Inc. and Erie Insurance Company
PA-Anne E. Shaffer; J-Bloom
* Stella Bias claims her estranged husband Emory Bias forged her signature several times, cashing insurance checks meant for both of them after a house fire.
Case number: 05-C-2753