Michael P. Thompson vs. John Wendling
PA-Joseph W. Caldwell; J-Bloom
* Plaintiff says he is owed $5,833.34 after helping the defendant arrange leases for an IHOP and Auto Zone in Charleston in December 2000. He seeks that amount plu pre-judgment interest, attorney fees, costs and expenses.
Case number: 06-C-5
Nichole King vs. Job Corps
PA-Henry E. Wood III; J-King
* Plaintiff was a minor and a student at the Charleston Job Corps Center when she miscarried twin fetuses. She claims the Job Corps breached its duty of car to oversee her health needs and contributed to and/or caused the miscarriage. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-9
Ramona Vincent and Danny Vincent vs. Radioshack Corporation dba Radio Shack of St. Albans, R D Management Corp. and Appalachian Lawn & Landscaping LLC
PA-Samuel F. Hanna; J-Berger
* Ramona Vincent says the defendants were negligent in not keeping the parking lot of the St. Albans Mall clear and safe. She fell a patch of ice on Jan. 6, 2004, injuring herself. Her husband sues for loss of consortium. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-11
George W. Pack and Mary Beth Pack vs. Christopher Chavers and West Virginia Wesleyan College
PA-Troy N. Giatras; J-Berger
* Pack, a basketball referee, says Chavers, a former assistant basketball coach at Wesleyan, attacked him after a game Jan. 8, 2005, causing a knee injury. He says the Buckhannon-based school failed to provide him a safe working environment. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages. His wife sues for loss of consortium
Case number: 06-C-14
Fred P. Allen vs. Emily Ann Johnson, Richard Johnson and Emily Johnson
PA-Stephen P. Swisher; J-Stucky
* Plaintiff says a traffic accident in Charleston on Jan. 6, 2004, injured his right knee and ankle. His ankle previously had been fractured, thus those injuries were exacerbated. He seeks a joint and several judgment of $50,000 plus costs and other relief.
Case number: 06-C-16
Kela El Amin vs. Candi Woodberry, in name only, Marshall C. Harless Jr. and Tri-State Used Cars Inc.
PA-Katherine L. Dooley; J-Walker
* Plaintiff was a passenger in Woodberry's vehicle on Jan. 15, 2004, when they were struck by vehicle driven by Harless, who she says was working for Tri-State Used Cars and driving on suspended license. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-17
Mike Spurgeon vs. Verizon Services Corporation, Verizon West Virginia Inc. and Michelle Meno
PA-Lonnie C. Simmons and Heather M. Langeland; J-Berger
* Spurgeon, who suffers from panic attacks, says Verizon and Meno, his supervisor, wrongly suspended him in violation of a previous settlement agreement and of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages as well as an order requiring the defendants to follow the Human Rights Act.
Case number: 06-C-20
Richard J. Arthur vs. Columbia Sussex Corporation, dba Super 8 Motel of Charleston
PA-James R. Akers II; J-Bloom
* Arthur, a security guard, says the motel was negligent in allowing trash and other debris collect on a flight of stairs. He fell on the debris while on the job, injuring his right hand, left shoulder, left hip, left leg and ribs. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-22
Belinda D. Sharp, administratrix of the estate of Dorothea Sue Miller vs. Kelley A. Daniels, executrix of the estate of James Franklin Miller
PA-Bernard E. Layne III; J-Bloom
Stemming from an apparent husband-wife murder-suicide on Sept. 9, 2005, the woman's estate sues the man's estate for wrongful death. The plaintiff seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-26
Ronald Jarrell vs. Kanawha Regional Transportation Authority
PA-Henry E. Wood III; J-Walker
* Jarrell, a former KRT bus driver, alleges the authority was negligent in not providing enough security, leading to him being attacked Jan. 11, 2005, by two passengers.
Case number: 06-C-38
Chester Wisinski vs. Host Marriott Corporation
PA-John R. Fowler and Karen E. Klein Jenkins; J-King
* The Virginia man was injured when the shower chair in a handicap room of the Charleston Marriott Town Center broke away from the wall, causing him to suffer a spinal injury. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-39
Joseph J. Rzepecki vs. Joshua Seth McCoy
PA-Robert Q. Sayre Jr.; J-Walker
* The Pennsylvania man says the defendant was negligent in a Jan. 12, 2004, traffic accident in South Charleston as well as driving under the influence of alcohol. He seeks compensatory damages as well as punitive damages "in an amount sufficient to punish and deter the defendant … and deter others from operating vehicles on public roads in the State of West Virginia in an intoxicated and inebriated condition."
Case number: 06-C-41
Johnny L. Chapman vs. Roy Roger Dempsey dba Dempsey Construction
PA-pro se; J-Stucky
* The plaintiff, who lives in Milton, seeks to collect unpaid wages of $3,107.20, liquidated damages of $1,170 and a penalty of $1,877.20 from the Putnam County-based contractor per an administrative order from a West Virginia Division of Labor case.
Case number: 06-C-42
Huntington National Bank vs. Robert E. Kittinger Jr.
PA-Thomas H. Ewing; J-Kaufman
* The bank says Kittinger of Pinch borrowed to buy 2004 Toyota 4 Runner and has failed to properly make payments. As of Dec. 9, he owed $36,637.13 with interest and costs.
Bank wants possession of vehicle and a judgment for the amount, plus depreciation and other relief.
Case number: 06-C-43
Want to get notified whenever we write about West Virginia Wesleyan College ?
Sign-up Next time we write about West Virginia Wesleyan College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.