Kathy Zinn vs. Wheeling Island Gaming, Inc. and Eric Perssons
PA-Ronald Wm Kasserman; J-Gaughan
* Zinn was employed with Wheeling Island Gaming and alleges that the company and Perssons, her co-manager, discriminated against her on the account of age and sex when they terminated her contract. She also claims that Perssons attempted to force her to vote a certain way on the table gaming law. She has lost $20,000 per year in wages and has suffered emotional stress and mental anguish. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-101
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company vs. Adrian J. Albert
PA-R Stephen Jerrell; J-Gaughan
* Albert owes Nationwide Mutual Insurance a debt of $6,270.22 plus interest and court and attorney fees. Nationwide seeks compensation for the amount.
Case number: 06-C-102
Leslee L. Frazier, Greg S. Frazier, et al. vs. Scott E. Beresh
PA-Christopher J. Regan; J-Mazzone
* The two parties were involved in an automobile accident that the Frazier's claim was a direct result of the negligence and recklessness of Beresh. The accident caused property damage and bodily injury to the Frazier's and they seek compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-103
Earl E Burch, Jr., and Mary Burch vs. Larry R. Lewis d/b/a L&M Rentals, LLC
PA-Gregory A. Gellner; J-Gaughan
* Earl Burch was injured while at work by a broken garage door which came crashing down causing him severe bodily harm. The Burch's claim that the owners, Lewis and L&M Rentals, were aware of the broken structure and did nothing to prevent the accident. They also claim that the door was removed and destroyed for fears of it being used as evidence in court. The Burch's seek compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-104
Capital One Bank vs. Shane Kulpa
PA-Christopher J. McCarthy; J-Gaughan
* Kulpa owes Capital One Bank a debt of $2,128.38 plus 25.9% interest. Capital One seeks compensation for the amount.
Case number: 06-C-105
John W. Shaw vs. Raze International, Inc.
PA-David B. Cross; J-Wilson
* Shaw was employed by Raze International and fell from scaffolding while performing work duties for the company. He fell approximately 16-20 feet from above the ground and sustained serious bodily injuries. He alleges that Raze failed to provide proper training and maintain safe working conditions. Shaw has paid $17,539.19 in medical expenses and lost wages and claims he has lost the ability to enjoy a normal life. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-107
Wesbanco Bank, Inc. vs. Samuel J. Dunn and Diana M. Dunn
PA-Marie C. Bechtel; J-Wilson
* The Dunn's owe a debt of $12,910.97 plus 11.95% interest on a motor vehicle loan. Wesbanco Bank seeks compensation for the amount.
Case number: 06-C-108
Rosalie DeAngelis vs. Danielle P. Jackson
PA-David J. Simms; J-Gaughan
* The two parties were involved in an automobile accident that DeAngelis claims was a direct result of the negligence and recklessness of Jackson. The accident caused DeAngelis extensive property damage and bodily injury and she seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-109
Discover Bank vs. Doris Hester
PA-Steven M. Recht; J-Wilson
* Hester owes Discover Bank a debt of $12,240.06 plus 10% interest. Discover Bank seeks compensation for the amount.
Case number: 06-C-110
Mike Bacon vs. Uwanta Linen Supply and A.D. Wilson
PA-Patrick S. Cassidy; J-Gaughan
*Bacon was injured at work and was off work for approximately one month receiving workers' compensation. Upon returning to work, he was told his contract had been terminated. He claims that the company acted illegally in firing him.
Case number: 06-C-111
State Farm Bank vs. Robert J. Niehaus
PA-Daniel T. Booth; J-Wilson
*Niehaus owes State Farm Bank a debt of $5,635.36 plus 10% interest. State Farm Bank seeks compensation for the amount.
Case number: 06-C-112
Richard J. Roy, Jr., and Bethellen Roy vs. State Auto Insurance Companies and William Hearne
PA-Wray V. Voegelin; J-Wilson
*The Roy's allege that State Auto Insurance Companies and Hearne breached a contract with them by only covering $5,595.00, not the full amount needed, for their insurance claim on property damage. They also claim that the company did not cover mold damage although it was in the policy nor did they pay for damage to the home's lower level, which amounted to a total cost of $18,961.78. They seek compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-113
Lauren M. Schumacher and Greg A. Schumacher vs. Wheeling Hospital, Inc.
PA-John E. Artimez, Jr.; J-Gaughan
* Schumacher was exposed to latex bandages causing a severe allergic reaction and subsequent treatment after he warned the hospital staff of his allergy to latex. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-114
Worldwide Asset Management LLC d/b/a Providian National Bank vs. Donna J. Grinage
PA-Paul S. Atkins; J-Gaughan
*Grinage owes Providian National Bank a debt of $6,030.29 plus $1,184.96 interest for a total of $7,215.25. Providian seeks compensation for the total amount.
Case number: 06-C-115
National Check Bureau, Inc. vs. Adrian J. Albert
PA-Janell L. Duncan; J-Wilson
*Albert owes National Check Bureau a debt of $6,565.45 plus $9,428.68 in interest for a total of $15,994.13. National Check Bureau seeks compensation for the total amount.
Case number: 06-C-116