Putnam County Board of Education vs. Town of Winfield Board of Zoning Appeals
PA-Lisa M. Moye; J-Eagloski
* The school board claims the Winfield board wrongly denied its request for a variance to avoid installing a storm water detention facility under a planned bus parking lot.
Case number: 06-C-118
State ex rel. Eastern States Pump & Equipment Inc. vs. South Putnam Public Service District
PA-Carl J. Roncaglione Jr; J-Spaulding
* Eastern States claims the South Putnam PSD wrongly excluded it from two jobs despite them having turned in the lowest bids. The PSD said Eastern States didn't submit the proper licenses. Eastern States says it did and wants temporary restraint to keep the PSD from awarding the contracts as well as damages.
Case number: 06-C-120
Markel Insurance Company vs. Lambert Transfer Company Inc.
PA-Barbara J. Keefer; J-Spaulding
* Markel, which provides insurance for Lambert, says it has no duty to pay for a claim against Lambert by Tyrone Smith, who claims he was a victim of racial discrimination.
Case number: 06-C-127
Dana Container Inc. vs. New River Trucking LLC
PA-Harvey D. Peyton; J-Spaulding
* Dana claims New River owes $32,046.60 for goods and services provided March 25, 2004, to June 14, 2004. Dana claims New River, based in SCott Depot, hasn't paid despite repeated attempts to collect. Dana seeks damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-128
Kenneth Glen Thevenin vs. A-1 Computer Repairs
* In a case moved from Magistrate Court, Thevenin seeks a computer given to him as payment for working at the repair shop in Teays Valley. Robert Henry, owner of the shop, countersues, claiming Thevenin owes the company $62,170 for items he took, gave away or otherwise wrongly converted or disposed of.
Case number: 06-C-130