Rawl Sales and Processing, Co v. Smith and Thompson, a Partnership; Kevin Thompson, individually; and Martin R. Smith, Jr., individually
PA-Daniel L. Stickler; J-Walker
* Rawl Sales and Processing says Kevin Thompson sent a letter to the Mingo County Commission with defamatory statements contained in it concerning Rawl Sales and Processing's involvement in the contamination of drinking water in Mingo County. Smith and Thompson are currently involved in litigation against Rawl Sales and Processing concerning the contamination.
Case number 06-C-750
David McGraw v. Wolpoff and Abramson, LLP, et al.
PA-John W. Barrett; J-Bloom
* McGraw says Wolpoff and Abramson have engaged in illegal debt-collection services by repeatedly calling his mother's house despite the fact he has ordered it to direct all calls to his attorney. He is also suing Discover Financial Services, to which he owes the alleged debt.
Case number: 06-C-753
Joseph D. Wallace and Elizabeth W. Wallace v. Body Works and Painting, LTD, et al.
PA-John E. Dorsey; J-Kaufman
* The Wallaces say J.D. Lile, II and Lori Lile, owners of Body Works and Painting, rented property from them in St. Albans and have defaulted on the rent. They also claim that the property was subletted without permission to Tri-L Enterprises. They are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-764
Helen E. Hervey v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
PA-R. Ray Lovejoy II; J-Berger
* Hervey says she was struck by a canopied swing set that came undone and fell on her while shopping in April 2004, causing injuries to her neck, head and shoulders.
Case number: 06-C-768
Angel Garcia v. Beaver Creek Clearing, Inc.
PA-John R. Mitchell, Sr.; J-Walker
* Garcia says a tree fell on him on May 22, 2004, while working as a tree cutter for Beaver Creek Clearing, permanently injuring him. He says he sustained injuries to his head, neck, shoulders, upper extremities, back and eye.
Case number: 06-C-769
Robin A. Anderson, Administratrix of the Estate of Melvin D. Anderson v. American Electric Power Service Corporation, et al.
PA-Tim C. Carrico; J-Zakaib
* Anderson is suing American Electric and its subsidiary, Appalachian Power Company, as well as employee Rick Mitchell because, she says, they are at fault for the death of Melvin Anderson in June 2004. She says they intentionally did not provide enough safety training for line clearing operations, and that Melvin Anderson was killed by a falling tree limb on one of those operations.
Case number: 06-C-770
Education Communications Consortia v. Netwolves Ecci Corp., et al.
PA-Eri E. Kinder; J-Berger
* Education Communications Consortia says it sold its assets to Netwolves on Oct. 1, 2004, for the price of $1.3 million. After a down payment, four payments of $200,000 were to be made, and ECC says Netwolves did not provide its first payment yet.
Case number: 06-C-775