James M. Kirk v. Sanitary Board of the City of Charleston, et al.
PA-Matthew S. Criswell; J-Kaufman
* Kirk says his firing from the Sanitary Board was retaliation for claims he made of wage discrimination. He's seeking back pay, front pay and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-802
Patrick J. Byrne and Marian H. Byrne v. 20th Century Glove Corporation of Texas, et al.
PA-David P. Chervenick; J-Visiting judge
* The Byrnes name 99 defendants in this asbestos lawsuit. Patrick Byrne worked at various jobsites in West Virginia as an insulator out of Asbestos Workers Local No. 2. He now has mesothelioma.
Case number: 06-C-804
Robert M. Crum v. Western Regional Jail, et al.
PA-Pro se; J-Kaufman
* Crum says he slipped down a faulty side step on a transport van and hurt his back and neck. He was being taken from the Wayne County Courthouse to Western Regional Jail in Barboursville. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-809
Verizon West Virginia, Inc. v. West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways
PA-Diana Leigh Johnson; J-Walker
* Verizon claims the Division of Highways ran over its telephone cables with a mower and damaged them in the amount of $12,111.04.
Case number: 06-C-834
State Farm Fire and Casualty Company, as subrogee of Nellie F. Frazier v. LSP Products Group, Inc., et al.
PA-Paul A. Burns; J-Stucky
* State Farm is seeking to recover the amount it spent on Frazier's flooded basement by suing LSP, which manufactures a supply line that burst, and Tom's Plumbing, which installed it.
Case number: 06-C-836
Cassandra L. Woods and Shawn Woods v. Metro Communications
PA-Roger D. Forman; J-Stucky
* Woods says she was sexually harassed while an employee at Metro Communications, and her complaints were made public. She says she was ostracized by co-workers as a result.
Case number: 06-C-837
Terrance L. Shrewsbury and Sandra G. Shrewsbury v. Robert G. Wolpert
PA-Beth R. Minear; J-Walker
* The Shrewsburys charge Wolpert with malpractice while he was their attorney in an eight-year contract dispute, and seek to recover the amount of money it cost them.
Case number: 06-C-844
Phoenix Corporation v. Kanawha Manufacturing
PA-Paul S. Atkins; J-Berger
* Phoenix Corporation has become the third company to sue Kanawha Manufacturing for an unpaid balance on a bill. Phoenix says Kanawha owes it $66,590.
Case number: 06-C-848
William G. Jones v. Concord University and Standard Exterminating Company
PA-Martin R. Smith, Jr.; J-Kaufman
* Jones says Standard exterminators sprayed his room while he was sleeping and didn't bother to wake him up. Since then, he has suffered a myriad of physical injuries including a sensitivity to gas fumes. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-853
Thelma Hackney v. Charleston Area Medical Center and Central Parking System
PA-Geoffrey I. Ekenasi; J-Bloom
* Hackney alleges that on May 5, 2004, she tripped on uneven payment while walking across the CAMC parking lot to a doctor's appointment. She is seeking damages for her medical bills and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-856
Anissa Price v. William S. McFarland III, et al.
PA-Amanda J. Davis; J-Berger
* Price says that McFarland, a pharmacist at Loop Pharmacy and Home Medical in Saint Albans, would not fill her prescription and alleged that she was a drug seeker. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-857