Diane Myers, Executrix of the Estate of George Lanham II v. Glenmark LLC
PA-C. Benjamin Salango; J-Berger
* Myers says Glenmark, doing business as Valley Center in South Charleston, is partly to blame for her father's death on Nov. 19, 2004. She says the long term care facility mismanaged his illnesses and failed to properly monitor him in the 11 days he was a patient there. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-871
Ruth McCallister v. P.J.L. Enterprises
PA-Harold S. Albertson; J-King
* McCallister is suing for compensatory and punitive damages in the amount of $150,000 after she says she slipped and fell on water that accumulated on the floor of the Golden Corral restaurant in Cross Lanes.
Case number: 06-C-872
Patricia Hatcher and Regina Lambert, fka Regina Roberts v. Saturn of Charleston-Huntington, Inc.
PA-Cameron S. McKinney; J-Stucky
* Hatcher and Lambert say they purchased a 2002 Saturn SC in Dec. 2002 and was informed it was a new car, though they later found out it was a lemon buyback vehicle. They wish to have their contract cancelled, Saturn of Charleston-Huntington to be found in violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act and to be awarded compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-877
Richard Arlin Holder and E. Carole Holder v. Air Liquide America Corp., et al.
PA-James F. Humphreys; J-Bloom
* Richard Holder says he was exposed to silica dust in his 36 years as an electrician at various jobsites in West Virginia, causing him illness. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages against 78 defendants.
Case number: 06-C-878
Lisa A. Green v. The Grubb Law Group, et al.
PA-Lisa A. Green; J-Stucky
* Green, a former attorney at The Grubb Law Group, says she slipped and fell down approximately eight stairs at the firm's Virginia St. offices.
Case number: 06-C-883
L. Carol Morgan v. The Board of Education of the State of West Virginia, et al.
PA-Erwin L. Conrad; J-Walker
* Morgan says she was illegally suspended without pay for 90 days by the Board of Education and wishes to have the decision overturned. She is the executive director of RESA-I, which serves the educational needs of one of eight state regions.
Case number: 06-C-885
Martin Van Holstein, Jr. v. Charleston Entertainment, dba Banana Joe's Island Party, et al.
PA-Stephen E. Hastings; J-Bloom
* Van Holstein is suing Banana Joe's, a nightclub on Capitol St. in Charleston, and two unnamed employees he claims knocked him unconscious St. Patrick's Day night. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-895
John Fox, Individually and as Administrator of the Estate of Deborah J. Fox, deceased v. Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company
PA-Brent Kesner; J-Berger
* Fox says Hartford has failed to pay $32,000 of a life insurance policy taken out on his wife, who died in an automobile accident Jan. 20, 2005, near Hernshaw.
Case number: 06-C-898
Delta Energy, et al. v. Robert E. Kizziah, et al.
PA-P. Thoms Denny; J-Kaufman
Delta Energy and Delwood Equipment Services say they were scammed out of $150,000 by a Florida-based alternative fuels company that they say is used to defraud third parties. They are seeking to recover their investment plus $3 million in punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-900
Pamela Adams v. Ryan's Restaurant group, Inc., et al.
PA-James Muldoon; J-Zakaib
* Adams says she found a band-aid on her spoon while eating cobbler at a Ryan's in Charleston and became ill that night. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-902
State of West Virginia ex rel. Darrell V. McGraw, Jr., Attorney General v. Mountaineer Roofing and Siding, et al.
PA-Rob Bastress; J-Zakaib
* McGraw's office says it has received 21 complaints against Mountaineer Roofing and Siding of Hurricane and wishes it to be found in violation of the West Virginia Consumer Credit and Protection Act.
Case number: 06-C-946
Want to get notified whenever we write about State of West Virginia ?
Sign-up Next time we write about State of West Virginia, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.