Albert Summers, Delores Summers, Trustee and ATS Insurance Trust 1988 v. The Equitable Life Insurance Company, et al.
PA-Rodney E. Miller; J-Bloom
* The Summers say they have paid more than $1 million into a life insurance policy since 1986 and have been forced to pay increasing payments as the policy value decreased. They charge that they were misinformed of the policy's cash value accumulation methods and are seeking punitive and compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-917
Everett Ray Delong and Eldora Fae Delong v. A.W. Chesterton Company, et al.
PA-Cindy J. Kiblinger; Visiting Judge
* Kiblinger, of James Humphreys and Associates, filed the 10 asbestos lawsuits that charge 67 defendants with wrongdoing.
Case numbers: 06-C-920-925 and 927-930
Amy Fleming and H. Martin Smith, dba The Forecast Group, Inc. v. Indian Head Homeowners Association, et al.
PA-Henry E. Wood, III; J-Berger
* Fleming and Smith say they have reported a sinkhole in the common area of the Indian Head Development in St. Albans, but the homeowners association has done nothing to fix it. They say it has caused them structural and property damage.
Case number: 06-C-934
Amanda Davis v. Lanier Worldwide Inc., et al
PA-James Muldoon; J-King
* Davis says a drunk co-worker cursed at her and retaliated when she reported the incident, leading to her termination from Lanier.
Case number: 06-C-936
Stanley Kenney, personally and as personal representative of the Estate of Margaret Kenney, deceased v. Owens-Illinois,, et al.
* Stanley Kenney says his wife was exposed to asbestos dust and fibers from his work clothes, causing her death on Jan. 12. Kenney worked at an Owens Illinois Glass Co. plant in Kanawha County.
PA-Geraldine M. Guerin; J-Visiting judge
Case number: 06-C-944
Daisy Walton v. West End Trax, Inc., dba Trax, et al.
PA-Anthony M. Salvatore; J-Kaufman
* Walton says she was in Trax, a Charleston bar, when a sink fell off the women's bathroom wall and caused her to fall. She says she incurred more than $5,000 in medical damages.
Case number: 06-C-950
Kathy Rucker, personal representative of the Estate of Jane Rucker v. Charleston Area Medical Center
PA-Harry Bell Jr.; J-Walker
* Kathy Rucker says her mother's risk for the development of pressure wounds was misdiagnosed by the CAMC staff, leading to a painful sore that her bone could be seen through and became infected. She is suing for pain and suffering.
Case number: 06-C-960
State of West Virginia ex rel. Darrell V. McGraw, Jr., Attorney General v. Casey Cobb, individually and doba American Marketing Concepts and dba C.L. Cobbs Promotions, et al.
PA-Rob Bastress; J-Kaufman
* The Attorney General says Cobbs has yet to provide information demanded by a June 22 subpoena. After it was issued, Cobbs was criminally charged with selling false advertising space on restaurant placemats, and McGraw put his investigation on hold.
Case number: 06-MISC-203
Want to get notified whenever we write about
State of West Virginia
Next time we write about
State of West Virginia,
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story
State of West Virginia