West Virginia Economic Development Authority vs. Steven Rasmussen
PA-Elba Gillenwater, Jr.; J-Gaughan
* Rasmussen owes the EDA a debt of $188,069.90 plus interest and attorney's fees.
Case number: 06-C-174
Walters Construction, Inc. vs. Mary Elaine Cook
PA-Lisa M. Bagay; J-Gaughan
* Walters Construction claims that Cook is liable for $17,056.90 due to audit findings.
Case number: 06-C-175
Charles E. Schultz vs. Kennedy Hardware Company, MTD Products, Inc., et al.
PA-Frank X. Duff; J-Gaughan
* Schultz claims that a tractor he purchased from Kennedy Hardware was faulty and, after repeated inspections and replacements, the problems still were not resolved. He was in contact with the company many times and each time did not receive satisfactory service. He is seeking a full refund in the amount of $6,994.94 plus $113 for other costs as well as damages.
Case number: 06-C-176
Carlene Sue Falck vs. Bruce A. Carvelli
PA-Christopher J. Regan; J-Wilson
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident which Falck claims was a direct result of recklessness, carelessness and negligence on the part of Carvelli. Falck claims that Carvelli was also under the influence of alcohol and was legally intoxicated. Falck is seeking compensatory damages to cover property damage costs to her vehicle as well as medical expenses incurred due to accident related injuries.
Case number: 06-C-177
Matthew R. Vogrin vs. City of Wheeling
PA-Stephen L. Vogrin; J-Mazzone
* Vogrin claims that while at Garden Park Pool, he was hit by a thrown object and suffered extensive injuries. He was in great pain and claims he has lost the ability to enjoy life. He is seeking compensation for medical expenses incurred as well as compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-178
Stacey Ramsay vs. City of Wheeling, Mike Adams, et al.
PA-Kevin L. Neiswonger; J-Mazzone
* Ramsay was involved in an auto accident with Adams during which Adams was working for the City of Wheeling. She claims that accident was the direct result of carelessness, recklessness, and negligence on the part of Adams and is seeking compensation for medical expenses incurred due to injuries as well as for property damage.
Case number: 06-C-179
Sheila Smith vs. Super Buffet Inc.
PA-Jacob M. Robinson; J-Wilson
* Smith slipped on a rug while dining at Super Buffet and was injured extensively. She claims the incident arose due to negligence on the part of the restaurant management. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-180
Joanne Mitcham vs. Sharon M. Anderson
PA-Christopher R. Heller; J-Gaughan
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident which Mitcham claims was the direct result of negligence, carelessness and recklessness on the part of Anderson. She is seeking compensation for medical expenses incurred from accident related injuries as well as for property damage.
Case number: 06-C-182
Westfield Insurance Company vs. Jonathan M. Mortakis
PA-Daniel T. Booth; J-Gaughan
* Westfield claims that Mortakis failed to maintain proper vehicle insurance. He was involved in a wreck and caused damages in the amount of $11,673.66 that thus far remains unpaid. Westfield is seeking compensation for that amount plus interest.
Case number: 06-C-183
Lemieux Hockey Development LLC and Team Lemieux LLC vs. Wheeling Pro Hockey LLC and Slapshot LLC
PA-David J. Hickton; J-Mazzone
* Lemieux Hockey Development and Team Lemieux claim that Wheeling Pro Hockey and Slapshot exercised a breach of contract and a breach of an implied contract. They are seeking compensation in the amount of $163,459.71.
Case number: 06-C-185
Jolin Humphries Burkland vs. Johnnie R. Hager and Ernestine M. Hagar
PA-Richard W. Hollandsworth; J-Mazzone
* Burkland claims that the Hager's violated a land contract by ceasing required payments. She is requesting that the title of the property be cleared and is seeking compensation for attorney's fees and costs as well as for damages.
Case number: 06-C-186