Winchester Medical Center vs. Clay Wagner
PA-Stephanie Stark Poling; J-Thomas Steptoe
* The hospital claims Wagner owes $27,108.82, plus an additional $2,161.02 in interest, for medical services provided to him in December 2004.
Case number: 06-C-175
Thomas and Lesbia Gonzalez vs. Arcadia Harvest Hills
PA- pro se; J- Thomas Steptoe
* The Gonzalezes claim they entered into a purchase agreement for a lot at Harvest Hills Subdivision, putting down $16,000 cash for a deposit. Financing fell through after being told repeatedly they would be approved. After the last denial, the Gonzalezes were
told they would not be refunded their money. They are seeking their initial deposit, $900 for three days of missed work, $2,000 in consulting fees and paperwork preparation and for the use of a translator.
Case number: 06-C-181
Marie Snowden vs. Evergreen Homes LLC
PA-Linda M. Gutsell; J- Thomas Steptoe
* Snowden entered a contract to build a single family building on a lot she owns at Fernback at Cress Creek in Shepherdstown. After home was built she found problems with craftsmanship including faulty and
improper grading, insufficient fill, inadequate crawl space and poor construction of chimney. Snowden is seeking $25,000 for the damages, $50,000 for negligent construction, $50,000 in compensatory damages for breach of implied warranty and an additional $10,000 in compensatory damages for trespassing.
Case number: 06-C-182
The Rev. Alex Lambert Jr. vs. Brian Ross
PA-Sherman L. Lambert Sr.; J-Thomas Steptoe
* Lambert is seeking compensatory damages of $20,000 and punitive damages for $50,000 from Ross, claiming injuries and damages to his reputation. Ross had filed an earlier lawsuit allegedly Lambert had taken items from St. Paul Baptist Church. Ross is not a member of
Case number: 06-C-184
Anila Haroon vs. Quadir Waqqas
PA- pro se; J-Thomas Steptoe
* Haroon and Waqqas purchased a house in Jefferson County together for an upcoming marriage. The wedding, however, was canceled. Haroon wants to ascertain the value of property and wants to receive reimbursement of cost and expenses. She would like the property to
be sold as well and retain costs and expenses.
Case number: 06-C-185
Donald Greenwalt vs. Thomas Sowers
PA-David Camiletti; J- Thomas Steptoe
* Greenwalt is suing Sowers for the alleged molestation of his daughter from 1998 to 2001. He is seeking $1 million for incurred medical bills and psychological treatment for his daughter.
Case number: 06-C-186