Roger Wade Thornton v. Franklin D. Meador, Jr., et al.
PA-Timothy A. Bradford; J-Zakaib
* Thornton is also suing Danny Ellis, Secretary of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, and Governor Joe Manchin in his capacity as Chairman of the West Virginia Parkways, Economic Development and Tourism Authority over a wreck that occurred May 21, 2004, on toll road Interstate 77.
Case number: 06-C-964
Carroll Stone and Eunice Stone v. A&I Co., et al.
PA-John Skaggs; J-Visiting judge
* Carroll Stone says he was exposed to asbestos dust during his years of employment as a laborer and pipe fitter. He is suing 51 defendants.
Case number: 06-C-965
J. Michael Ranson v. Kanawha County Board of Education
PA-J. Michael Ranson; J-King
* Ranson seeks an order declaring the Board is in violation of the Freedom of Information Act. He says his request for documents regarding a liability insurance policy has gone unfulfilled.
Case number: 06-C-976
Mikel Jones and Scott Jones, co-administrators of the estate of Joyce Pullen, deceased, v. City of Charleston, et al.
PA-David A. Ford; J-King
* The Joneses say Pullen's basement was flooded with sewage as a result of the City of Charleston's and the Sanitary Board's negligence.
Case number: 06-C-990
Kristopher Cook v. Deaf Education and Advocacy Focus of West Virginia, et al.
PA-Geoffrey I. Ekenasi; J-Berger
* Cook says he was fired from his job with DEAF because he had cancer. DEAF's official stance on the firing is that it stems from a day Cook did not show up for work without calling, but Cook says he was wrongfully arrested that day and couldn't call.
Case number: 06-C-993
The Jim C. Hamer Company v. Nautilus Insurance Company
PA-Lynnette Simon Marshall; J-Zakaib
* Hamer says Nautilus did not tender its defense in a civil complaint filed against it stemming from the accidental death of John A. Boner in 1998.
Case number: 06-C-995
Jeffrey Mark Bricker v. City of Charleston, Corporal Pridemore and Officer Edwards
PA-Jason E. Huber; J-Walker
* Bricker says he was beaten by Charleston City Police after an automobile accident that occurred while he having a diabetic episode and was wrongfully arrested.
Case number: 06-C-998
Paula J. Fields v. Charleston Hospital Inc.
PA-John G. Hackney, Jr.; J-Zakaib
* Fields says Joy Robin Alderman, then a nurse at St. Francis, stole her personal identity while she was a patient there, leading to a wrongful arrest.
Case number: 06-C-1000
Rita Aliff v. Greg Lavender, et al.
PA-Tom Price; J-Bloom
* Aliff says Lavender sexually harassed her while she was employed as a housekeeper and front desk clerk at Motel 6. She is also suing Accor North America, Inc.
Case number: 06-C-1009
Louise Morrison v. City of Charleston, et al.
PA-James C. Reed, Jr.; J-Walker
* Morrison blames the city and the Kanawha Regional Transportation Authority for her fall while exiting a bus and is also suing Alternative Service Concepts for botching the claim.
Case number: 06-C-1010
Maxine Kelley v. Reithoffer Shows, Inc., et al.
PA-James R. Fox; J-Stucky
* Kelley says her pinky finger was nearly ripped off while exiting a ride known as "The Tornado" at the 2003 State Fair of West Virginia because of the negligence of the operators of the ride.
Case number: 06-C-1011
Terry Epling, individually and as administratrix of the estate of Blake Epling v. Larry Dennison
PA-Gary E. Pullin; J-Walker
* Terry Epling says Blake Epling fell over a third-floor balcony while helping someone move furniture because the railing on it was too low and is suing Dennison, the building's owner.
Case number: 06-C-1014
John Burns, administratrix of the estate of Samantha Burns, deceased, and Samantha Burns, individuallly v. Huntington Mall Company, et al.
PA-Letisha R. Bika; J-Berger
* Burns is also suing Cafaro, LTD, J.C. Penney Properties and National Security Consultants, saying they did not provide proper security in the Huntington Mall parking lot the day his daughter was abducted from it. Samantha Burns was raped and killed after the abduction.
Case number: 06-C-1018