John Myers, Administrator of the Estate of Diana Myers, deceased, and John Myers, individually v. Adla Adi, M.D.
PA-Letisha R. Bika; J-Kaufman
* Myers says Adi misdiagnosed Diana Myers, saying she had hemorrhoids when she actually had forms of flesh-eating bacteria and blood poisoning. Diana Myers died May 27, 2004. John Myers is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-1019
Whittaker, LLC v. Crystal Tincher, et al.
PA-Charles R. Hughes; J-Zakaib
* Whittaker, LLC, owned by $315-million Powerball winner Jack Whittaker, is suing Tincher, Mary Anderson and Fun, LLC, for not presenting all the financial facts when he purchased 26 condominiums in Nitro from them. He is seeking to recover the nearly $1 million he spent.
Case number: 06-C-1021
William R. Coles, Executor of the Estate of Sharon Anderson v. Thomas Memorial Hospital
PA-Greg Lord; J-Stucky
* Coles says his daughter Sharon Anderson was experiencing muscular dystrophy in her hands when a Thomas Memorial nurse gave her a hot cup of cappuccino, which she spilled on herself. It caused her right hip to blister.
Case number: 06-C-1026
Toni Boddy v. Frank Gates Service Co, its agents and employees and Peabody Coal Co.
PA-Eunice Green; J-Walker
* Boddy, a self-proclaimed "heavy-set black Christian woman," says she was fired from her job with Frank Gates for her appearance after she performed a pre-audit on the employees of Peabody Coal Co.
Justin Hanson v. George's Lounge, Inc. et al.
PA-Robert A. Goldberg; J-Bloom
* Hanson says Christian, Rich and George Chaber conspired to beat him up at the George's Lounge in Kanawha City owned by Rich and George. Christian did most of the actual beating.
Case number: 06-C-1040
Clingenpeel, McBrayer and Associates, Inc., d/b/a CMA Engineering v. Ghosh Engineers
PA-Mark A. Ferguson; J-Kaufman
* CMA claims Ghosh Engineers of Charleston owes it $27,529.95 for work performed on waste water treatment plants in Bradley, Kenova, Richwood and South Jackson.
Case number: 06-C-1045
David R. Walker and Marlene Walker v. Paul Dean Kyer, M.D.
PA-Richard D. Lindsay; J-Stucky
* The Walkers say Kyer botched an esophagogastroscopy with an injection of Enteryx, causing David Walker to be unable to swallow liquids. His wife is suing for loss of consortium. They are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-1047
Sondra Roach v. West Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind
PA-David Grunau; J-Kaufman
* Roach is suing the Romney school for not installing handrails on its walkways, which led to a fall and broken leg for her at a class reunion.
Case number: 06-C-1050