Crystal Dawn Holmes v. Fairmont General Hospital, Jonathan Logan M.D., Radhika Mehendru M.D., Greenbrier Emergency Physicians, Inc.
J-Stone; PA-Paul R. Cranston
* Holmes claims her husband, who had a history of drug overdose and suicide attempts, was sent home from the hospital in an unresponsive state and died the following day as a result of the defendants' failure to diagnose his overdose on several of his medications. She is seeking compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, funeral expenses, interest, punitive damages, costs, and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-333
West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. v. Eugene D. Stephens
J-Clawges; PA-Jeffery D. Taylor
* WVU Hospitals claims Stephens owes $31,929.89 for extensive professional medical treatment. It is seeking this amount plus post-judgment interest, attorney fees and litigation costs.
Case number: 06-C-336
West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc. v. Lawrence Jefferys
J-Stone; PA-Jeffery D. Taylor
* WVU Hospitals claims Jeffreys owes $40,254.89 for extensive professional medical treatment. It is seeking this amount plus post-judgment interest, attorney fees and litigation costs.
Case number: 06-C-337
James Bialek v. City of Morgantown
J-Stone; PA-Scott Curnutte
* Bialek claims a manhole was left uncovered with no warning signs on campus drive. Upon striking the open manhole, Bialek swerved and impacted a stone wall. He is seeking compensatory damages, punitive damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-352
Green Tree Servicing LLC. v. Ronald T. and Lisa R Mathess and Jenny Jarvis
J-Clawges; PA-Timothy J. Amos
* Green Tree Servicing claims the defendants secured a loan of $45,796.66 and have become delinquent on that sum. Green Tree wishes to collect a mobile home that was initially offered as collateral, but the defendant has not consented. Green Tree is seeking possession of the mobile home, costs associated, and judgment against the defendant for such amounts not recouped from the sale.
Case number: 06-C-353
Anna Sargent individually and as administrator of the estate of Avanell Gillespie v. West Virginia University Board of Governors
J-Clawges; PA-Tony L. O'Dell
* Sargent claims improper procedure during a spinal surgery resulted in Gillespie's torn aorta. This led to paralysis, infection, severe depression, dialysis, nursing home supervision and her eventual death. Sargent is seeking compensation, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-355
David D. Daniels and Christine S. Daniels v. Dana G. Barnett
J-Stone; PA-Gary S. Wigal
* David and Christine claim Barnett concealed several defects of the house at the time of sale. They are seeking compensatory damages, including the cost of rehabilitating the home, damages for annoyance and inconvenience, interest, punitive damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-358
Lease Dimensions, Inc. v. George Cappalla
J-Stone; PA-Daniel T. Booth
* Lease Dimensions claims Cappalla breached the terms of a lease by failing to make payments. The property was repossessed and sold, but Cappalla is still indebted at $38,406.98. Lease Dimensions seeks this sum, interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 06-C-362
Derek Cisar v. Evan Kelch, David R. Kelch, Jennifer Kelch, and State Farm Mutual Auto Insurance Co.
J-Clawges; PA-David M. Jecklin
* Cisar claims that while driving, Evan Kelch, against the objection of his passengers, inhaled an intoxicating substance that caused him to lose control of his vehicle and strike a utility pole. Cisar, who was seriously injured, seeks $749,000.00 to compensate his past and future damages, as well as interest, punitive damages, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 06-C-365
Jimmy S. Seccurro and Marine Terminal Inc. v. S. Powell Construction Company service agent: Stephen M. Powell
J-Clawges; PA-William L. Frame, Esq.
* Seccurro claims Powell has failed to pay the contracted $37,050.59 fee for permission to place dredge materials on his property. Seccurro seeks this sum, interest and court costs.
Case number: 06-C-375
Glenmark Holding, LLC. v. Absolut-Morgantown, LLC., Absolut-Holdings, LLC., Stephen Neu and Bruce A. Panley.
J-N/A; PA-Brian D. Gallagher and John R. Callcott
* Glenmark Holding claims the defendants have become delinquent on their loan payments. They are seeking the sum of $190,822.84, plus additional interest that accrues on the promissory note, interest on the damages, court costs, expenses and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-377
Joseph and Julie Nunez v. Suburban Sanitation Company, Inc.
J-N/A; PA-Alex J. Shook
* Joseph and Julie Nunez claim unsafe working conditions caused Nunez to fall from the back of a truck and suffer severe injuries. They are seeking compensatory damages for medical expenses, lost wage, pain and suffering, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-378