Michael Prince and Christina Prince vs. Briles Construction Inc.
PA-Erica S. Harich; J-Eagloski
* The Princes allege Briles never has started construction of a home after contracting them on Aug. 5, 2005. The want their down payment of $20,076 returned as well as interest, court costs, attorney fees and compensatory damages for embarrassment and humiliation.
Case number: 06-C-182
Jeffrey Kitts vs. Ford Motor Company
PA-Erica S. Harich; J-Eagloski
* Kitts claims the 2005 Ford Ranger he bought on Feb. 23, 2006, did not conform to warranties, and he wants the purchase price of $24,532.44 back as well as taxes, license, fees, etc.
Case number: 06-C-194
Rebecca Chadwick vs. American Electric Power Service Corporation, dba American Electric Power, Sun Tech Inc., Kelley Services Inc., Express Services Inc. and Daniel Smith
PA-Matthew S. Criswell and Todd A. Twyman; J-Eagloski
* Chadwick claims she was a victim of sexual harassment and gender discrimination by her supervisor Daniel Smith, who also subjected her to a hostile work environment. Also, she says she was terminated from her job because she reported an on-the-job injury to Workers' Comp and for reporting sexual harassment.
Case number: 06-C-197
Amanda G. Miller vs. Putnam Grocery Inc. dba Eleanor Foodland and Scott Egnor
PA-Harvey D. Peyton; J-Spaulding
* Miller says she was subjected to a hostile work environment full of sexual comments while working at the Eleanor Foodland earlier this year. She seeks compensatory damages for loss wages and benefits as well as punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-202
Allen Conley vs. Betty Jane Handley
PA-Herbert Hively; J-Eagloski
* Conley says he injured himself when he fell into a hole on Handley's property on June 16, 2004. He seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-206
Physicians' Choice LLC vs. Marc Medical Inc. and Richard M. Lewis
PA-Michael J. Bell; J-Eagloski
* Physicians' Choice says it did its part of an oral agreement to provide medical billing services for Marc Medical and Lewis, its president. It says Marc Medical hasn't paid its bill of $21,540.97. Seeks compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-210
Charles D. Williams and Denise Williams vs. Terminator Sports Auto and Recreation Sales LLC
PA-Robert M. Williams; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiffs say they bought a $600 motor bike on Nov. 23, 2005, that was defective. After repeated attempts to have the bike fixed and one abusive trip to Terminator, the couple want their money back. They seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-211
Ernest Cook vs. Kimberly Hatfield and Phyllis Boyd
PA-R. Craig Tatterson; J-Spaulding
* Cook says the defendants schemed to take $22,000 from him as part of an agreement over the contents of a Winfield beauty salon.
Case number: 06-C-213
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company of West Virginia vs. Krista Orcutt
PA-O. Gay Elmore; J-Spaulding
* Enterprise says Orcutt of Poca wrecked a 2005 Chevy Malibu earlier this year after she rented it from its St. Albans office. The rental company seeks compensatory damages of $6,430.37, $2,572.14 for attorney fees, $145 for court costs, interest, court costs and other relief.
Case number: 06-C-215