Heather Nicole Landon vs. Wachovia Securities, LLC
PA-Mitchel Zemel; J-Recht
* Landon claims that she resigned her employment with Wachovia Securities due to a breach of promise leading to her inability to expand her client base and thus she could not earn a sufficient income. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-223
Bonnie Jean Shaw vs. Wheeling City Center Hotel, LLC d/b/a Ramada Plaza City Center Hotel, Nathan A. Roesing, et al.
PA-Lawrence M. Schultz; J-Gaughan
* Shaw claims she fell in a hole in a parking lot while leaving the Ramada Plaza City Center Hotel. The parking lot was the property of the defendants. She fractured her left ankle and now alleges reckless misconduct and gross negligence on the part of the defendants. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-224
State of West Virginia, et al. vs. Sheila E. Briggs
PA-Scott R. Smith (Ohio County Prosecuting Attorney); J-Mazzone
* Briggs is operating a business in Ohio County which the plaintiffs believe is a nuisance in the form of acts of lewdness and prostitution and has specific examples to prove the validity of the allegations. They are seeking that appropriate action be taken against the defendant immediately.
Case number: 06-C-225
Heidi Roberts vs. Motorists Mutual Insurance Company
PA-John Porco; J-Gaughan
* Roberts was involved in an auto accident with an uninsured driver. She is demanding payment of her policy according to a contract and is also seeking damages and compensation for other costs and fees.
Case number: 06-C-226
Coronet Foods, Inc. vs. Procacci Brothers Sales Corporation
PA-Douglas E. Cameron; J-Wilson
* A salmonella outbreak occurred in July 2004 at Sheetz, Inc., affecting approximately 300 people. This outbreak led to the destruction of reputation of Coronet Foods and eventually caused its bankruptcy. The company claims negligence, breach of expressed and implied warranty, and strict liability on the part of the defendant. They are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-227
Erie Insurance Group vs. Sam Jones
PA-Thomas E. Buck; J-Wilson
* Erie claims that Jones was employed as a bartender at TJ's Sports Garden Restaurant. During his employment there, he stole money by placing cash in his tip jar instead of cash registers resulting in $4,000 in economic losses for the company. Erie Insurance is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-229
Erie Insurance Group vs. Timothy W. Abate and Tammy Jones
PA-Thomas E. Buck; J-Wilson
* The defendants were involved in an auto accident resulting in Erie Insurance paying out $43,457.13 in insurance claims. They are seeking that sum as damages.
Case number: 06-C-230
Patricia Hobart and Eugene Hobart vs. Wheeling Island Gaming, Inc., et al.
PA-Ronald W. Zavolta; J-Wilson
* The Hobarts claim that while at Wheeling Island Gaming, they fell out of a chair causing serious bodily injury. They claim negligence on the part of the defendants and are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-232
Kyle Ray vs. Officer Richard Robbins, City of Wheeling, et al.
PA-Ronald W. Zavolta; J-Recht
* Ray claims that Robbins came to Kroger, Ray's place of employment, off-duty and wearing only boxer shorts. Ray claims that Robbins then harassed him and assaulted him in violation of his civil rights because of his African-American race. Robbins then attacked another woman patron of Kroger and soon after had Ray arrested and prosecuted. Ray claims he was caused permanent injuries and loss of income and is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 06-C-233
Jeremy Pavlic vs. Joseph Shipe
PA-Jacob M. Robinson; J-Wilson
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident which Pavlik claims was a direct result of carelessness, negligence, and recklessness on the part of Shipe. Pavlik is seeking compensatory damages to cover property damage costs as well as compensation for medical expenses incurred due to accident related injuries.
Case number: 06-C-234
Bruce Redford and Barbara Redford, et al. vs. Lewis Nicholson and Susan Nicholson, et al.
PA-Anthony I. Werner; J-Gaughan
* The Nicholson's son Brian hosted a party at which alcohol was available and consumed by minors. The Redford's daughter attended the party where she fell and hit her head on a hot tub. Brian did nothing for her injuries and left her unconscious for several hours until several other guests took her to a hospital only a mile and a half away. She suffered permanent injuries including a closed head brain injury and the Redfords have suffered high health care expenses. They are seeking compensation for those costs as well as damages.
Case number: 06-C-236
Natalie Meadows vs. Ernie's Esquire Supper Club and Ernest M. "Ernie" Pandelos
PA-John M. Jurco; J-Gaughan
* Meadows was employed by Ernie's Esquire Supper Club where she claims she was exposed to unwanted sexual comments, innuendo and inappropriate touching. The company terminated her employment and, she claims, made false statements impugning her integrity and honesty. She also was not paid her wages within the last 72 hours of employment. She alleges sexual harassment and slander and is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-239
Patricia Harvath vs. Gary A. Yahn
PA-Gail W. Kahle
* The two parties were involved in an auto accident which Harvath claims was a direct result of carelessness, negligence, and recklessness on the part of Yahn. Harvath is seeking compensatory damages to cover property damage costs as well as compensation for medical expenses incurred due to accident related injuries.
Case number: 06-C-240