Geico as Subrogee of Peter F. Monzi v. Gary C. Lindor
J-N/A; PA-Paul A. Burns
* Geico claims Lindor operated his vehicle in a negligent manor and caused a collision with its insured. Geico paid the sum of $13,500 for the injuries of its insured in accordance with their uninsured motorist policy. Geico seeks this sum from the defendant plus interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-448
Kathryn J. DeCerbo v. West Virginia University Hospitals, Inc.
J-N/A; PA-Michael J. Florio
* DeCerbo claims WVU Hospitals terminated her employment because of a desire to conceal millions of dollars of revenue lost yearly due to substandard invoicing practices. She believes that her gender, as well as her attempts to call attention to these significant monetary losses, contributed significantly to her wrongful termination. She is seeking reinstatement to her former position or compensation for her wages if such reinstatement is not feasible. She also seeks punitive damages.
Case number: 06-C-450
John W. Moon v. C. Andrew Heiskell, M.D. and Heiskell King Burns and Tallman Surgical Associates, Inc.
J-N/A; PA-J. Michael Benninger
* Moon claims that, during a surgical procedure, Heiskell perforated his intestine and failed to recognize the error. When Moon's condition worsened, Heiskell continued to fail in recognizing the error, and thereby deviated from the applicable standards of care. Moon has sustained various physical and emotional pains, and is seeking full compensation for his injuries, damages and losses, as well as interests, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-452
Amber Graham v. Pearl K. Geelen and Hartford Insurance Company of the Midwest
J-N/A; PA-Alex J. Shook, Esq.
* Graham claims Geelen operated her vehicle in a negligent manor-by taking her eyes off the road to locate a cigarette and caused a collision with Graham. Graham has sustained various injuries. She seeks compensation for her injuries and damages, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-456
Jane M. Channel v. Thyssenkrupp Elevator Corporation
J-N/A; PA-Brent P. Copenhaver
* Channel claims an elevator in her place of employment, WVU Hospitals, slammed shut on her arm and caused severe, permanent damage to her wrist and forearm. The maintenance of this elevator is the responsibility of Thyssenkrupp, and this incident has shown them to be negligent of their duties. Channel is seeking compensation for her injuries, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-457
Emily Lapisardi v. West Virginia University Board of Governors and Augusto N. Paglialunga
J-N/A; PA-Allan N. Karlin
* Lapisardi claims Paglialunga repeatedly sexually harassed her, to the point of battery, while she was his student. She is seeking damages in compensation for her emotional distress, punitive damages, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-458
Michael T. Linder v. Dennis W. Blankenship
J-N/A; PA-P. Gregory Haddad
* Linder claims Blankenship negligently operated his vehicle at high speeds in a manor that caused him to collide with Linder's automobile. Linder suffered various injuries, and seeks compensatory damages for medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning capacity, pain and suffering, etc, as well as interest, costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 06-C-459