Cindy Jeffrey and Season Groom v. Verizon West Virginia, Inc. and Michael Stewart
PA-Mark Atkinson; J-Berger
* Jeffrey and Groom say they were sexually harassed by Stewart, who was their supervisor at Verizon. Jeffrey says she was fired because she did not comply with his sexual requests.
Case number: 06-C-1480
Timothy Walker v. TM Associates Management, et al.
PA-Matthew Criswell; J-King
* Walker says he was forced to quit as retaliation for making a Workers' Compensation claim when he injured his back on the job and was not paid all the wages owed to him.
Case number: 06-C-1490
C.C. by her next friend, Ruth Oliver, and Ruth Oliver v. Kanawha County Board of Education, et al.
PA-Cynthia Evans; J-Zakaib
* Oliver says her daughter C.C. was thrown across a classroom by substitute teacher William Russell when she was a fifth-grader at Cedar Grove Elementary School, and that Russell terrorized other students by making racial remarks.
Case number: 06-C-1500
Merlin E. Mellert and Patricia A. Mellert v. Armco Steel Corp.
PA-William K. Schwartz; J-Visiting
* Merlin Mellert says he's contracted lung cancer from 40 years of exposure to asbestos as a sheet metal worker. Patricia Mellert is suing for loss of consortium.
Case number: 06-C-1499
Eual Toler v. Dr. Robert Ovington, et al.
PA-Belinda S. Morgon; J-Walker
* Toler says his reputation as a reverend was harmed when he fell in Ovington's waiting room and the receptionist remarked that he was "over-drugged" and is seeking $600,000.
Case number: 06-C-1507
Alice Clark and Clifford Clark v. Rebound, Inc., d/b/a Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Huntington
PA-Robert V. Berthold, Jr.; J-Walker
* The Clarks says Alice fell while trying to use the bathroom at HealthSouth despite a fall safety risk assessment that was performed on her.
Case number: 06-C-1515
Carolyn Nichols v. Rite Aid of West Virginia
PA-Katherine Dooley; J-Zakaib
* Nichols says her anti-inflammatory prescription was filled with anti-depressants at the Rite Aid in Sissonville, and that she took the wrong medication for seven weeks.
Case number: 06-C-1525
Mary Tobia v. Value City Department Stores
PA-Walter Wagner, Jr.; J-Bloom
* Tobia says she slipped on a coat hanger and fell at the St. Albans Value City and the injuries threw her life into chaos. She is seeking $200,000.
Case number: 06-C-1529