Chester Bellman and Loretta Bellman v. West Virginia University Board of Governors, et al.
PA-Arden Curry II; J-King
* The Bellmans says Chester's prostate cancer should have been recognized at the Family Medicine Center in Charleston, which is partially owned by WVU and the Charleston Area Medical Center.
Case number: 06-C-1549
IVS Hydro, Inc. v. Midwest H2O Filter Rehab Specialist, et al.
PA-Martin smith, Jr.; J-King
* IVS Hydro seeks nearly $75,000 plus punitive damages for work performed at various sites around the country in 2005. IVS also claims that Midwest H2O owners Janet and Dennis Kull changed the name of their company to avoid payment.
Case number: 06-C-1565
Edward Thomas and Darlene Thomas v. CSX Transportation, et al.
PA-Cindy Kiblinger; J-Visiting
* Edward says he was exposed to asbestos during his 40 years as a forklift operator and storeroom clerk with CSX. The suit names seven other defendants.
Case number: 06-C-1573
Fatiema Wilkerson and Walter Wilkerson v. Jeremiah McCormick
PA-Willie Jones, Jr.; J-Kaufman
* The Wilkersons says McCormick, a former City Attorney for St. Albans, did not investigate the history of a property they purchased thoroughly enough, costing them a chance at a loan.
Case number: 06-C-1580
Joshua M. Scott , Executor of the Estate of Lida Scott v. N. Anwar Yahar Abdeen, M.D., et al.
PA-Arden Curry II; J-Walker
* Scott says Abdeen and Mountain Emergency Physicians are to blame for his wife's death from a heart attack because she was not properly treated in the emergency room at St. Francis Hospital.
Case number: 06-C-1596
Charleston Area Medical Center v. Benny Ray Reynolds
PA-Francis Gall; J-Berger
* CAMC says Reynolds, of Mohawk, owes $34,756.23 on an unpaid bill.
Case number: 06-C-1601