Trent Redman v. Monitronics International, Inc., et al.
PA-James R. Akers II; J-Kaufman
* Redman says Monitronics and Titan Security installed a defective home security system in his house, leading to a successful break-in by a thief.
Case number: 06-C-1731
James Renkal v. Dan Lanham, d/b/a Lanham Rental Properties
PA-Michael Del Giudice; J-Stucky
Renkel says Lanham unfairly evicted him from his apartment and threw his belongings on the street, where they were either damaged by rain or stolen.
Case number: 06-C-1737
Gary Jones and Glenda Jones v. Trustmark Insurance Company, et al.
PA-Christopher Heavens; J-Walker
* The Jones say Trustmark has not paid disability insurance benefits owed to them after Jones missed two months of work with chest pains.
Case number: 06-C-1741
Ethen Adkins, an infant who sues by Sabrina Adkins and David Stanley, his parents, and Sabrina Adkins and David Stanley, individually v. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, et al.
PA-Larry Ford; J-Bloom
* Sabrina Adkins and Stanley say their infant child Ethen was trapped in a pool at his day care provider's house, and blame the DHHR and Mountain Heart Child Care Services for not inspecting the woman's house to make sure it was safe for children. The child survived but has serious injuries.
Case number: 06-C-1743
Jimmy D. Armstrong II v. Anderson Distribution Inc., d/b/a Anderson Logistics
PA-Jason Huber; J-Berger
* Armstrong says the doors on his Anderson Logistics truck were unsafe and shut on him, causing injury.
Case number: 06-C-1745
Albert Nutgrass, Michael Brock and Jessica Brock v. Equitable Production Company, et al.
PA-Robert Berthold; J-Bloom
* The two men say they were cleaning a gas pipe that had supposedly been shut off when a fireball hit them in their upper bodies. Nutgrass says he sustained severe second- and third-degree burns.
Case number: 06-C-1749
Leah Seabolt, individually and as administratrix of the Estate of Betty Wolfe v. Manor Care, Inc, f/k/a HCR Manor Care, et al.
PA-E. William Harvit; J-Berger
* Seabolt blames Heartland of Charleston for Wolfe's death, saying their shoddy nursing care was a factor.
Case number: 06-C-1758
John C. Butler v. Designer Home Builders, d/b/a Cummings Builders
PA-Brett Preston; J-Kaufman
* Butler says his thumb was cut off during a wood-cutting operation while working as a laborer for Cummings.
Case number: 06-C-1774