Charles White vs. City of Martinsburg Police Department and John Doe
PA - Gregory Bailey; J - David Sanders
* White claims he was severely injured after he received a trauma to his head when he was arrested on Aug. 21, 2004, by an unknown Martinsburg police officer. The complaint claims White, who uses a wheelchair, was passing out American and Prisoner of War flags in downtown Martinsburg when he was arrested for an unspecified reason. He claims he had to have emergency brain surgery because of the injury after he was released from jail. He is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 06-C-616
Charlotte A. Buchanan vs. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
PA - Terrance Britt; J - David Sanders
* Buchanan claims the defendant breached their insurance policy by failing to pay the full amount of benefits after she was struck by an uninsured driver in a March 2006 vehicle accident. The plaintiff is seeking the full benefits, which include $50,000 for uninsured motorist coverage and $50,000 for medical expenses, as well as other relief.
Case number: 06-C-632
City Hospital Inc., vs. Charles Henry Cook Jr.
PA - Jeffery Gould; J - David Sanders
* The hospital claims Cook owes $16,826.06 plus interest, for a total of $25,203.92, for medical services provided in 2000 and 2001.
Case number: 06-C-636
James Mulligan vs. Angela Pegg
PA - Mark Jenkinson; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The defendant claims Pegg was under the influence of alcohol when she caused an automobile accident on Aug. 6, 2005. Mulligan is seeking $40,000 in compensatory damages and $50,000 in punitive damages, as well as other relief.
Case number: 06-C-641
The Wolf Organization dba The Lumber Yard vs. American Homes by United Builders LLC
PA - Kirk Bottner; J - David Sanders
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $151,279.51 for supplies provided in early 2006.
Case number: 06-C-646