Stacy Nichole Goff Hudson and Susan Nikki Adkins v. Gahreeb, Inc., dba House of Demitri No. 2 and Lafamme Gahreeb, individually and as agents or employees of the foregoing entity
PA-W. Jesse Forbes; J-King
* Hudson and Adkins claim their boss, Lafamme Gahreeb, made unwanted sexual advances toward them which caused them to miss work and be fired. Adkins says Gahreeb even tried to drug her.
Case number: 06-C-1945
Patsy Ruth Vanhoose, individually and as administratrix of the Estate of Billy Ray Vanhoose v. A&I Company, et al.
PA-Tony O'Dell; J-Visiting
* Patsy Vanhoose says her husband died from lung cancer as a result of years of exposure to asbestos while working as a coal miner.
Case number: 06-C-1948
Charleston Academy of Beauty, et al. v. Harry Robinson, et al.
PA-Stephen Hall; J-Walker
* The academy, Judy Halland and Cheri Bishop are suing Harry Robinson, Tyleemah Edwards, the Human Rights Commission and Attorney General's office. They say Robinson and Edwards have slandered them, and the two agencies should have dismissed her complaint of racism against them.
Case number: 06-C-1949
Maggie B. Conner v. Oil Service, Inc., et al.
PA-John Skaggs; J-Walker
* Conner is suing eight companies over their products that she was exposed to while working for the state Board of Education. She says they caused harm to her lungs, respiratory system, heart and skin.
Case number: 06-C-1951
Mary McClung, et al. v. Bon-Ton Dept. Stores, et al.
PA-Phillip Stowers; J-Kaufman
* McClung and husband Jack say she was hurt when an overloaded clothes rack fell on her.
Case number: 06-C-1963
James Adkins v. AT&T Corp., et al.
PA-Thomas Wilson; J-Stucky
* Adkins is one of 21 individuals suing AT&T and several other companies over the poor air quality to which they say they were exposed while working at One Davis Square in Charleston.
Case number: 06-C-1966
Tracy Ferguson v. The Kroger Co.
PA-Mark Staun; J-Berger
* Ferguson says she slipped on a slick walkway at a Kroger grocery store in Charleston and blames the store for her injuries.
Case number: 06-C-1992
Gary P. Crew v. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Inc. et al.
PA-Mark Atkinson; J-Walker
* Crew says he was wrongfully terminated on Aug. 16 as a result of his disability or perceived disability, in violation of the Human Rights Act.
Case number: 06-C-1993