Cindy Ann Cook, mother an as administrator of the Estate of Haley Cook Bishop v. CAMC, et al.
PA-Julie Garvin; J-Kaufman
* Cook says doctors did not timely deliver her baby, Haley Cook-Bishop, causing Haley's death on April 4, 2004. She adds that they ignored her previous history of stillbirth and diabetes.
Case number: 06-C-2148
Carol Neil, personal representative of the Estate of Kassie Van Neil, Jr. v. Union Carbide Corp., et al.
PA-J. David Cecil; J-Visiting
* Neil says her husband Kassie died from asbestos exposure he received while working at Ford Motor Co., Cedar Coal Co., Union Carbide and DuPont.
Case number: 06-C-2154
Edna Mae Reynolds, as administrator of Estate of Mark Reynolds v. Kanawha Valley Radiologists, et al.
PA-Michael Del Guidice; J-Berger
* Reynolds alleges Mark Reynolds death from a burst appendix was preventable and is suing the doctors who treated him in the time leading up to his death.
Case number: 06-C-2156
Mary Pritt v. Sears/KMart Incident Center
PA-Pro se; J-Zakaib
* Pritt says her pre-lit Christmas tree got caught on her skin and electrocuted, then she was given the run-around when she tried to get a refund from the KMart in Kanawha City and its insurance provider, Sedgwick Claims Management Service.
Case number: 06-C-2158
Roger Thompson v. A&I Comp. Inc, et al.
PA-John Skaggs; J-Visiting
* Thompson says he was exposed to asbestos while working in a St. Gobain refractory plant in Buckhannon from 1971-2004.
Case number: 06-C-2170
Sallie Engle v. City of Charleston, et al.
PA-Samuel Hrko; J-Stucky
* Engle says she broke both her legs when she stepped off the curb on the Court Street side of Charleston Town Center Mall and was surprised to find a second curb.
Case number: 06-C-2174
Frances Young v. Pfizer, Inc., et al.
PA-Cindy Kiblinger; J-Kaufman
* Young filed one of 12 cases against Pfizer, G.D. Searle and Pharmacia Corp. over their manufacturing and selling of the prescription drug Bextra, an anti-inflammatory pain reliever that was found to have increased its users' risk for heart attack and stroke.
Case number: 06-C-2175-2186
Margaret Mosley, personal representative of the Estate of Queen Sharp v. Manor Care, Inc.
PA-Harry Bell; J-Zakaib
* Mosley says Sharp did not receive proper care at Heartland of Charleston nursing home, ultimately leading to the woman's death.
Case number: 06-C-2194
West Virginia Medical Institute v. Jane Doe, et al.
PA-David Barnette; J-Berger
* The institute claims hackers used a fictitious e-mail address to access its computer system, then sent out an obscene e-mail to seven employees.
Case number: 06-C-2197
Robert Starcher v. Skylink, LTD
PA-J. Michael Ranson; J-King
* Starcher says his employer Skylink and the owners of a home at which he was working on a satellite dish, Michael and Jerry Jones, did not notify him of a faulty ground wire, and he was electrocuted on the roof and fell 25 feet to the ground.
Case number: 06-C-2198
Sammons, Olivero and Paraschos v. Verizon Information Services, et al.
PA-Christopher Dean; J-Berger
* The law firm says Verizon failed to include its web site address on its back cover ad of the Huntington SuperPages, despite specific instructions to do so.
Case number: 06-C-2205
Want to get notified whenever we write about
Next time we write about
we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.
Sign-up for Alerts
Organizations in this Story